Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Tactical shotgun (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/tactical-shotgun-57289/)

lawman30 02-08-2012 04:53 PM

Tactical shotgun
 
Hey guys,
I'm wanting to either build or buy a tactical shotgun for home defense. I've got two shotguns I use for hunting, both Remington 870. Any ideas or suggestions on what to get? My budget would be around $500, if possible. Thanks in advance!

silverado113 02-08-2012 04:57 PM

Mossberg 500, or Maverick 88 as far as a tactical shotgun. You could also go with a Stevens 250 but it is harder to accessorize.

mjkeat 02-08-2012 05:23 PM

Just get another 870 tactical model. They come w/ a rail already installed on the receiver a tube extension and I believe a muzzle device for around $400. You're already familiar w/ the 870 and it's one of the best around, win/win.

Magnaiter 02-08-2012 05:32 PM

Mossberg 500 Persuader/Cruiser 18 1/2" barrel , may make a good choice for the price but they have many out there to choose from

silverado113 02-08-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnaiter (Post 702882)
Mossberg 500 Persuader/Cruiser 18 1/2" barrel , may make a good choice for the price but they have many out there to choose from

Their chainsaw model (which is a cruiser with a handle on the pump) is pretty nice too.

lawman30 02-08-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat
Just get another 870 tactical model. They come w/ a rail already installed on the receiver a tube extension and I believe a muzzle device for around $400. You're already familiar w/ the 870 and it's one of the best around, win/win.

Thanks, I think I'm gonna look into the tactical model, I've never had any issues with 870, so like you said win/win

lawman30 02-08-2012 07:00 PM

Thanks for the input guys

gmaster456 02-08-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado113 (Post 702890)
Their chainsaw model (which is a cruiser with a handle on the pump) is pretty nice too.

Have you ever shot the chainsaw?

Magnaiter 02-08-2012 07:16 PM

Is she sweet

silverado113 02-08-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmaster456 (Post 702953)
Have you ever shot the chainsaw?

Nope but I'd like too.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:45 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.