Sun shines on a dogs`......
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Sun shines on a dogs`......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Sun shines on a dogs`......

Been looking for a good deal on a 10/22 for awhile and found one today at a small gunshop. Stainless with a Mannlicher stock (i dont like the stock) with a sling and 6x scope (scope was crap but had Millet rings atleast) for 250$. I bought it and after looking closer while the paperwork was going thru its never been fired. A guy comes in with a Winchester pump shotgun and starts talking to the owner. The owner says the gun is worth about 150$ but hes not interested so as the guy was leaving I ask if I can take a look at it. Its a 1897. Well the guy goes outside for a few minutes then comes back in and asks if im interested in buying the gun for 50 bucks. HELL YEAH im interested, bought the gun no questions asked, the bluing is about 25% hair line crack in the stock but its operational. Whats it worth? Im thinking 350 to 400 to a cowboy shooter.

Badshot

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Where's the pics?

Old 07-29-2012, 02:19 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Im a shooter not a computer geek! PM me your cell number and post the pics for me tomorrow is the best I can do.
I have a digital camera but I cant figure out how to post the dang pictures, mainly because my son wont help me unless I blackmail him. My aggravation is his motivation and I havent shown enough interest yet I guess.

Badshot

Old 07-29-2012, 02:26 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10737 Times on 4648 Posts
Likes Given: 1753

Badshot- download pics from camera to computer. When you are writing a post, look up at toolbar. See the white smiley face? To the right of Mr. Smiley is a paperclip. Use the paperclip to find your photos and attach them to your post. And you should have taken him out dancing and for a drink or two first.

Re: price- best way is to go to gunbroker.com You WILL need to register there. Then do a search for COMPLETED auctions, Winchester 97. look at what they sold for, compare the condition of that gun to yours.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:18 AM   #5

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badshot320 View Post
Im a shooter not a computer geek! PM me your cell number and post the pics for me tomorrow is the best I can do.
I have a digital camera but I cant figure out how to post the dang pictures, mainly because my son wont help me unless I blackmail him. My aggravation is his motivation and I havent shown enough interest yet I guess.

Badshot
i understand 100%

Old 07-29-2012, 03:19 AM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I will really have to put some work into this over the next few days. I started a thread about slug guns and I would really like to show off my custom camo job but I promise you this 1897 is nothing to look at. Its a 115 yrs old and it looks like it. My son has one given to him by his great granfather that belonged to his great great granfather that was a duck guide back in the 30s and this gun is in worse shape. It goes bang and is mechanically sound but its no prize.

Badshot