Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Shotgun Discussion (
-   -   Stoeger Uplander (

supafly 04-30-2007 10:14 PM

Stoeger Uplander
I am about to order a 12 gauge Uplander Supreme and am leaning toward the 26". I doubt I will shoot it much...I may hunt with it a little. It will be more for show and to fill a whole in my collection. I currently do not have a side by side and I think the Uplander Supreme provides alot of bang for the buck. I think the 26" would be a little handier to hunt with and also look a little better than the 28".

eddennis 10-20-2011 12:42 AM

Won't make any difference with the 12, if you were getting a 20 I would go 28". Either will be fast.

Virginian 10-20-2011 12:51 AM

I would suggest the standard Uplander. Ejectors and single selective trigger in an inexpensive SxS isn't usually a good combination. If you search the net, you will see 10 times as many problems with the Supreme as the standard.

JonM 10-20-2011 12:57 AM

in a double gun that is going to be used for skeet trap or hunting ejectors may not be a good idea. unless your going to pop both barrels everytime. ejectors will toss the fired shell along with the unfired one.

on my side by side i opted for a model without auto-ejection. i often reload just one barrel. just depends on whats going to frustrate you more :) for me its picking up unfired shells.

shootitout 10-20-2011 01:00 AM

I have a ss 12 and 20 they were my grandfathers and don't eject both just the one you shoot check the gun.