Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Stoeger Shotguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/stoeger-shotguns-81072/)

Jakesparks54 01-12-2013 05:33 AM

Stoeger Shotguns
 
My friend recently purchased a stoeger model 3500 semi auto 12 gauge. The reviews claim that the gun shoots just as well as a benelli. I know that benelli owns stoeger. I was just wondering why there is such a drastic price difference.

Blueguns 01-12-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakesparks54
My friend recently purchased a stoeger model 3500 semi auto 12 gauge. The reviews claim that the gun shoots just as well as a benelli. I know that benelli owns stoeger. I was just wondering why there is such a drastic price difference.

They just manufacture them cheaper. I think it's like Mossy 500 and Maverick 88.

Muliemaster 01-12-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueguns (Post 1090352)

They just manufacture them cheaper. I think it's like Mossy 500 and Maverick 88.

My goose huntin bro choots a stog an its a damn good chootin chotgun.

Muliemaster 01-12-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakesparks54 (Post 1090317)
my friend recently purchased a stoeger model 3500 semi auto 12 gauge. The reviews claim that the gun shoots just as well as a benelli. I know that benelli owns stoeger. I was just wondering why there is such a drastic price difference.

the name an the names celebs.

akers06 01-12-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakesparks54 (Post 1090317)
My friend recently purchased a stoeger model 3500 semi auto 12 gauge. The reviews claim that the gun shoots just as well as a benelli. I know that benelli owns stoeger. I was just wondering why there is such a drastic price difference.

The action is a little bit different...the stoeger is a little bit slower a little bit heavier...I own a 3500 and I have shot a SBE2 quite a bit and I.don't see any reason to give an extra $1000 for the benelli

Blueguns 01-12-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muliemaster

My goose huntin bro choots a stog an its a damn good chootin chotgun.

I agree there. Everyone I talk to that has one really likes it.

nicklarimore 01-29-2013 04:51 AM

I think most of the Steoger autos are gas driven whereas the Benellis are inertia driven.

Jakesparks54 01-29-2013 12:30 PM

Honestly, after shooting the stoeger and a sbe I could barely tell the difference. When buying a benelli, you are paying extra for the name.

akers06 01-29-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicklarimore (Post 1114613)
I think most of the Steoger autos are gas driven whereas the Benellis are inertia driven.

No the stoegers are also inertia

Virginian 01-29-2013 06:43 PM

And also owned by Beretta.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.