Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Stoeger M3500 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/stoeger-m3500-70373/)

ShagNasty1001 08-15-2012 06:05 AM

Stoeger M3500

So my parents surprised me with a new Stoeger M3500 Semi Auto 12 gauge for the beginning of dove season since they know I hadn't been wanting to take my grandpa's old, now mine, beautiful 1100 out anymore. Too much sentimental value in it for me. Anyways, I took it out today to get a feel for it and ran some Winchester 2 3/4" heavy dove loads thru it and while it ran somewhat decently smooth, every so often it wouldn't cycle the next round or would cycle only half way and get jammed up with either the bolt being caught by the shell and it not picking the shell up or the bolt would cycle but the shell wouldn't. Is this normal and I just need to break it in with more shells? I'll post pictures in the morning of the shotgun. I love it and it swings beautifully, just wanna know if this is normal or not

BrooklynFaTs 08-15-2012 06:13 AM

You get the barrel polished most lock up's is cause by that

ShagNasty1001 08-15-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynFaTs
You get the barrel polished most lock up's is cause by that

I will try for that. Do I need to run a few more hundred rounds through it? I only have 175-200 in it now and it's half in half of heavy dove and regular dove/target loads

BrooklynFaTs 08-15-2012 03:14 PM

When I bought my 870 I bought it new I called them up they said that causes that problem just get it polished and it should go away and don't short chuck it that means coco it all the way back when your running shells through it the say its a common problem any gunsmith could do that for you good luck

ShagNasty1001 08-15-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynFaTs
When I bought my 870 I bought it new I called them up they said that causes that problem just get it polished and it should go away and don't short chuck it that means coco it all the way back when your running shells through it the say its a common problem any gunsmith could do that for you good luck

This is a semi auto though, not a pump so making sure I rack it all the way back isn't a problem for me

MrWray 08-15-2012 08:32 PM

I have a Stoeger M2000 semi auto "Defense" model, i know that you need to use loads 1oz and over, mine jammed up a few times when i first got it but it was the load weight.

ShagNasty1001 08-15-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray
I have a Stoeger M2000 semi auto "Defense" model, i know that you need to use loads 1oz and over, mine jammed up a few times when i first got it but it was the load weight.

Awesome! I'll run a couple hundred through it again this weekend when I get a few free hours before work. Does yours handle lighter loads now or do you still have to use over 1oz loads?

MrWray 08-15-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

Awesome! I'll run a couple hundred through it again this weekend when I get a few free hours before work. Does yours handle lighter loads now or do you still have to use over 1oz loads?

No, only use 1oz and above