Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Stoeger "Double Defense" Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #21
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1647 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 527

How to load a double.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5103 Times on 2653 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Could Nt turn the sound up wife is asleep. But his shotgun was waaaay to loose. I would say its getting close to a dangerous headspace condition if its not already there. One of the really bad habits a lot of cas shooters do is loosen up the shotgun action. While it makes it easier to open the gun it also increases headspace a lot. SxS shotguns shouldn't flop around like that it should take some slight effort to open them.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1346 Times on 914 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Could Nt turn the sound up wife is asleep. But his shotgun was waaaay to loose. I would say its getting close to a dangerous headspace condition if its not already there. One of the really bad habits a lot of cas shooters do is loosen up the shotgun action. While it makes it easier to open the gun it also increases headspace a lot. SxS shotguns shouldn't flop around like that it should take some slight effort to open them.
No kidding, that thing was really floppy. If I saw someone flip the barrel shut on my browning like that they would be on the don't touch my guns list real quick. Flipping a shotgun shut has to have the same effect on a shotgun as flipping the cylinder shut on a double action revolver.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1563 Times on 932 Posts
Likes Given: 778

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
any shotgun is going to be the best choice for HD imo. until we get laser guns or something, i think they best fill the role for HD (at least for me ).

i can't think of many people who would look down the two barrels of DBL shotgun and think "he's only got two shots, i can take him....."

shotguns put real fear into people.....for good reason...they are nasty!
There are NO 'ALWAYS OR NEVER' when it comes to SD.
And please do not count on the bandit to think like a rational person.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 02-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5103 Times on 2653 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
No kidding, that thing was really floppy. If I saw someone flip the barrel shut on my browning like that they would be on the don't touch my guns list real quick. Flipping a shotgun shut has to have the same effect on a shotgun as flipping the cylinder shut on a double action revolver.
it does and its worse on a shotty. if its that floppy its in a very dangerous condition. when im doing cas i dont stand anywhere near the "slicked up" shotgun guys...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-17-2014, 01:39 AM   #26

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

I do like their doubles!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Firearms Talk mobile app