Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Stoeger "Couch"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Stoeger "Couch"

As in i havent made it off the couch since i bought my new Stoeger Coach because of the weather. Its really bumming me out!

Ive always wanted a Coach, and the LGS juuust happened to have one in with the nickel finish so i swooped! To pass the time not being able to get out there with it i made my own shell belt outta a couple belts i had kickin around the house.

When i got the 12 home it took me about 6sec. totall to tear it down into 3pieces. Perfect for campin,hiking or just transport in gen. Its a slick lil rig.

Anybdy have any cool Stoegy Stories?

stoegtake-3-002.jpg   stoegtake-3-005.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #2

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Sweet gun.....in my opinion stoeger makes the best "affordable" guns on the market

Old 02-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 303 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Nice gun. I like that look better than the normal blued. I always think about buying one but something else keeps grabbing my attention.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1744 Times on 949 Posts
Likes Given: 547

I have the 20 in blue. Really like it.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 02-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I have the 20 in blue. Really like it.

The LGS had the 20 in blue that i had sittin outback until i could pay in full( being able to put stuff on a tab at the LGS is dangerous ive found lol !)
Then i popd in oneday to make a payment and i saw the 12 in nickel. Thats what i truely wanted for a finish,so i traded up but i actually wanted it in 20. im sure ill make due with the 12.

Figured the 20 would be a lil easier on me lol. Guess next will be to grab a thick azz pad for the butt

Old 02-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #6

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

i feel your pain brother i just bought a stoeger p350 and I haven't gotten to even load it yet. The weathers is good here but I just don't got the time right now because of work. Yep I'm typing this from the shop computer on my lunch break...

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 02-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
Nice gun. I like that look better than the normal blued. I always think about buying one but something else keeps grabbing my attention.
Same here.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5334 Times on 2784 Posts
Likes Given: 339

Here is a cool story. Stoeger is a subsidiary of beretta. They are made in the old stoeger factory to beretta spec for materials. Not as good as a beretta in fit and finish but a good gun.

Take it out and pattern both barrels. If its done right it should look like a circle at 25 feet for cylinder bore. If its ovaled a little still good, figure eight so-so, two distinct circles not so hot. Its what seperates a meh Side by Side from a great one.

A great side by side isnt dependent on fit and finish its how in tune the two barrels are to each other. Not an easy task and its why high end doubles are so damn pricey.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Here is a cool story. Stoeger is a subsidiary of beretta. They are made in the old stoeger factory to beretta spec for materials. Not as good as a beretta in fit and finish but a good gun.

Take it out and pattern both barrels. If its done right it should look like a circle at 25 feet for cylinder bore. If its ovaled a little still good, figure eight so-so, two distinct circles not so hot. Its what seperates a meh Side by Side from a great one.

A great side by side isnt dependent on fit and finish its how in tune the two barrels are to each other. Not an easy task and its why high end doubles are so damn pricey.
Ahhh i see method behind this madness, and i will give that a try for sure Jon. Im quite curious to tell ya the truth now lol.