Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Stoeger "Couch" (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/stoeger-couch-84459/)

CapnJack 02-17-2013 06:26 PM

Stoeger "Couch"

2 Attachment(s)
As in i havent made it off the couch since i bought my new Stoeger Coach because of the weather. Its really bumming me out!:mad:

Ive always wanted a Coach, and the LGS juuust happened to have one in with the nickel finish so i swooped! To pass the time not being able to get out there with it i made my own shell belt outta a couple belts i had kickin around the house.

When i got the 12 home it took me about 6sec. totall to tear it down into 3pieces. Perfect for campin,hiking or just transport in gen. Its a slick lil rig.

Anybdy have any cool Stoegy Stories?:cool:

akers06 02-17-2013 06:35 PM

Sweet gun.....in my opinion stoeger makes the best "affordable" guns on the market

aandabooks 02-17-2013 06:47 PM

Nice gun. I like that look better than the normal blued. I always think about buying one but something else keeps grabbing my attention.

JTJ 02-17-2013 07:36 PM

I have the 20 in blue. Really like it.

CapnJack 02-17-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 1141697)
I have the 20 in blue. Really like it.

The LGS had the 20 in blue that i had sittin outback until i could pay in full( being able to put stuff on a tab at the LGS is dangerous ive found lol !)
Then i popd in oneday to make a payment and i saw the 12 in nickel. Thats what i truely wanted for a finish,so i traded up but i actually wanted it in 20. im sure ill make due with the 12. :p

Figured the 20 would be a lil easier on me lol. Guess next will be to grab a thick azz pad for the butt ;)

unclebear 02-18-2013 06:36 PM

i feel your pain brother i just bought a stoeger p350 and I haven't gotten to even load it yet. The weathers is good here but I just don't got the time right now because of work. Yep I'm typing this from the shop computer on my lunch break...

orangello 02-18-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandabooks (Post 1141626)
Nice gun. I like that look better than the normal blued. I always think about buying one but something else keeps grabbing my attention.

Same here.

JonM 02-18-2013 08:44 PM

Here is a cool story. Stoeger is a subsidiary of beretta. They are made in the old stoeger factory to beretta spec for materials. Not as good as a beretta in fit and finish but a good gun.

Take it out and pattern both barrels. If its done right it should look like a circle at 25 feet for cylinder bore. If its ovaled a little still good, figure eight so-so, two distinct circles not so hot. Its what seperates a meh Side by Side from a great one.

A great side by side isnt dependent on fit and finish its how in tune the two barrels are to each other. Not an easy task and its why high end doubles are so damn pricey.

CapnJack 02-18-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1143163)
Here is a cool story. Stoeger is a subsidiary of beretta. They are made in the old stoeger factory to beretta spec for materials. Not as good as a beretta in fit and finish but a good gun.

Take it out and pattern both barrels. If its done right it should look like a circle at 25 feet for cylinder bore. If its ovaled a little still good, figure eight so-so, two distinct circles not so hot. Its what seperates a meh Side by Side from a great one.

A great side by side isnt dependent on fit and finish its how in tune the two barrels are to each other. Not an easy task and its why high end doubles are so damn pricey.

Ahhh i see method behind this madness, and i will give that a try for sure Jon. Im quite curious to tell ya the truth now lol.