Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Stoeger Coach Opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Mostly I like it because it gives the shooter options, like lights and what not with the reliability of a double barrel. It does look kind of stupid but as long as it works right.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 07-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #12

Liked 2646 Times on 1554 Posts
Likes Given: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmille01 View Post
Mostly I like it because it gives the shooter options, like lights and what not with the reliability of a double barrel. It does look kind of stupid but as long as it works right.
no reason to justify your "like" of something. if you like it, you like it. end of story...

Old 07-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #13

Above is what I have. Thanks for your opinions. I do like the simplicity of it and the compact size. When I hold it, I naturally want to put my index finger on the outer trigger and my middle finger on the inner trigger. Is this the correct way or are you supposed to use only your index finger?

Old 07-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLegArms View Post

Above is what I have. Thanks for your opinions. I do like the simplicity of it and the compact size. When I hold it, I naturally want to put my index finger on the outer trigger and my middle finger on the inner trigger. Is this the correct way or are you supposed to use only your index finger?
persoanlly, i would use one trigger finger....unless you want shoot em both off at the same time

actually, every double barrel owner must admit to trying that at least once

Old 07-27-2011, 03:00 AM   #15

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 72

yes we have all tried it but most guns only let you pull 1 at a time a good inexpensive ss ? get rid of the stoger and find a savage stevens 311

Old 07-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydewar View Post
yes we have all tried it but most guns only let you pull 1 at a time a good inexpensive ss ? get rid of the stoger and find a savage stevens 311
i think the stoeger is a quality gun at the price point.

but....i was greatly disappointed, when i began to research, that there are no new american made coach shotgun? the place where the west was won & we have to buy western style guns from brazil, italy, china, etc?

surely there is a market....why won't an american firearms company make a sxs coachgun? i want to buy american made guns..i would pay a bit extra to do so.

why?

Old 07-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #17

Liked 156 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I love coach guns,don't have one but really want one!I think they would be a great home option,and even more reliable than a pump in the same way a revolver can be more reliable than a pistol since you can have more than one round already chambered at once,absolutely no chance for a misfeed.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 07-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default I have the Stoeger Coach 12 Ga

I've had mine for about 3 years- NO issues. Everyone who has shot it LIKES it. A real quality shotgun for the money....I don't think it can be beat. The Russian Coach guns appear quite rough compared to the Stoeger. IMHO

stoeger-coach-gun-006.jpg  

TACTICAL22.NET,NRA, VCDL

Old 07-28-2011, 01:20 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 312 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Everytime Dunhams puts them on sale for $239, I really get the itch to buy one. Haven't got one yet but man are they cool. I'll probably get one in 12 gauge but the light little .410 is a neat little gun.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:47 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent.22 View Post
I've had mine for about 3 years- NO issues. Everyone who has shot it LIKES it. A real quality shotgun for the money....I don't think it can be beat. The Russian Coach guns appear quite rough compared to the Stoeger. IMHO
nice pic! i agree as well. i had a chance to handle some chinese and russian made coach guns & just from holding them, the quality didn't seem to be be even close to the stoeger's. they felt pretty cheap actually.

a friend i was shooting with feel in love with my stoeger coachgun supreme. he told me if i ever sell it, i better sell it to him.