Stoeger 2000 vs mossberg 930
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Stoeger 2000 vs mossberg 930

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TooStrongTerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 288
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Stoeger 2000 vs mossberg 930

Cant decide between the 2.

Why do people like gas ported autoloaders?im leaning more towards the inertia driven stoeger. Self cleaning etc...mostly cuz its a benelli twin. But i still like the SPX set up. But it has alot of moving parts.
Thanks guys.

__________________
TooStrongTerry is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 11-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Blueguns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Posts: 2,001
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default

Gas will tend to move the action a little faster than an inertia autoloader. This is only true sometimes. A good inertia gun will move just as fast as a gas gun. Also some inertia guns have trouble cycling target loads. I would go with Stoeger in this instance, because I like the Benelli inertia platform, better than the Winchester gas one.

__________________

-Matt

Blueguns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
akers06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,195
Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Also look at the stoeger m3500 and m3000 I had a m3500 and loved it....It is a 3 1/2" gun and it cycled everything for me even the light 1oz target loads....go with the stoeger you wont be disappointed

__________________
akers06 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TooStrongTerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 288
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06
Also look at the stoeger m3500 and m3000 I had a m3500 and loved it....It is a 3 1/2" gun and it cycled everything for me even the light 1oz target loads....go with the stoeger you wont be disappointed
Whats the differences between 2000 and 3000? Only shell sizes? I could care less about 3.5 shells.
__________________
TooStrongTerry is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sniper03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,220
Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Default

Can't give any info on the Stoeger 2000. But I have had great luck with my Mossberg 930 Turkey gun.
Great for deep woods close range coyotes also!

03

moss-930-turkey.jpg  
__________________

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Sniper03 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
akers06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,195
Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooStrongTerry

Whats the differences between 2000 and 3000? Only shell sizes? I could care less about 3.5 shells.
The 3500 and 3000 are identical besides the 3500 being 3 1/2"....there are some differences between the 3000 and 2000 though the inertia system on the 3000 is super simple it is almost like a pump system that automatically cycles and is super reliable and the 3000is also drilled and tapped for a scope and has a little smaller price tag than the 2000 check them out on stoegerindustries.com
__________________
akers06 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:07 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TooStrongTerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 288
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Can't give any info on the Stoeger 2000. But I have had great luck with my Mossberg 930 Turkey gun.
Great for deep woods close range coyotes also!

03
How many moving parts does it have? Hows the takedown and cleaning? Ive pretty much opted out of the spx model. I like the jm model alot. If i can find one.

All in all guys. I want an all around shotgun. From claysto deer to end of the world to zombies. Lol. Im sure everyone is lookin for this gun too but im less picky then some people and i want something that functions and wont ever fail me. Pumps are cool but ive had enough of them in the past where im ready to move onto something better.


P.s. i dont think zombies are a reality lol more like. Invasion of america/civil war/obamacare type ****.
__________________
TooStrongTerry is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:38 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
akers06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,195
Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooStrongTerry

How many moving parts does it have? Hows the takedown and cleaning? Ive pretty much opted out of the spx model. I like the jm model alot. If i can find one.

All in all guys. I want an all around shotgun. From claysto deer to end of the world to zombies. Lol. Im sure everyone is lookin for this gun too but im less picky then some people and i want something that functions and wont ever fail me. Pumps are cool but ive had enough of them in the past where im ready to move onto something better.

P.s. i dont think zombies are a reality lol more like. Invasion of america/civil war/obamacare type ****.
It has 2 moving parts the bolt and the slide...the takedown is simple the easiest way to explain it is its a lot like a pump....look up some of the videos on you tube I'm not good at explaining stuff like that lol....I think the msrp on the 3000 is around the $500 Mark well worth the money
__________________
akers06 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

I think the 930 might be fine for a limited range of ammo if broken in and kept very clean. Forget the SPX. However, the Stoeger, a poor-man's version of the Benelli Armi inertia system, is the way I'd go.

__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TooStrongTerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 288
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
I think the 930 might be fine for a limited range of ammo if broken in and kept very clean. Forget the SPX. However, the Stoeger, a poor-man's version of the Benelli Armi inertia system, is the way I'd go.
Hocka!! I havent been on here in awhile good to see ya lmao. Im thinkin the stoeger is gonna be my route. Iwas lookin at the m3000 andi think thatd be perfect. Might get one of those nordic tube extensions.
__________________
TooStrongTerry is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
kel tec sub 2000 for 177$ beastmode986 General Rifle Discussion 1 09-21-2012 12:47 AM
Stoeger model 2000 semi auto 12 guage MrWray General Shotgun Discussion 36 07-11-2012 12:30 PM
Mossberg 590A1 or Kel-Tec Sub 2000? PanBaccha General Shotgun Discussion 5 01-10-2012 08:11 PM
Mossberg 930 vs. Stoeger M2000 John2Fast11 General Shotgun Discussion 13 10-17-2011 11:48 AM
Opinions about stoeger 2000 t-rav General Shotgun Discussion 1 04-18-2010 02:56 AM



Newest Threads