Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Stoeger 2000 vs mossberg 930 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/stoeger-2000-vs-mossberg-930-a-76927/)

TooStrongTerry 11-23-2012 02:19 PM

Stoeger 2000 vs mossberg 930
 
Cant decide between the 2.

Why do people like gas ported autoloaders?im leaning more towards the inertia driven stoeger. Self cleaning etc...mostly cuz its a benelli twin. But i still like the SPX set up. But it has alot of moving parts.
Thanks guys.

Blueguns 11-23-2012 05:35 PM

Gas will tend to move the action a little faster than an inertia autoloader. This is only true sometimes. A good inertia gun will move just as fast as a gas gun. Also some inertia guns have trouble cycling target loads. I would go with Stoeger in this instance, because I like the Benelli inertia platform, better than the Winchester gas one.

akers06 11-23-2012 05:42 PM

Also look at the stoeger m3500 and m3000 I had a m3500 and loved it....It is a 3 1/2" gun and it cycled everything for me even the light 1oz target loads....go with the stoeger you wont be disappointed

TooStrongTerry 11-23-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akers06
Also look at the stoeger m3500 and m3000 I had a m3500 and loved it....It is a 3 1/2" gun and it cycled everything for me even the light 1oz target loads....go with the stoeger you wont be disappointed

Whats the differences between 2000 and 3000? Only shell sizes? I could care less about 3.5 shells.

Sniper03 11-23-2012 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can't give any info on the Stoeger 2000. But I have had great luck with my Mossberg 930 Turkey gun.
Great for deep woods close range coyotes also!

03

akers06 11-23-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooStrongTerry

Whats the differences between 2000 and 3000? Only shell sizes? I could care less about 3.5 shells.

The 3500 and 3000 are identical besides the 3500 being 3 1/2"....there are some differences between the 3000 and 2000 though the inertia system on the 3000 is super simple it is almost like a pump system that automatically cycles and is super reliable and the 3000is also drilled and tapped for a scope and has a little smaller price tag than the 2000 check them out on stoegerindustries.com

TooStrongTerry 11-24-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper03
Can't give any info on the Stoeger 2000. But I have had great luck with my Mossberg 930 Turkey gun.
Great for deep woods close range coyotes also!

03

How many moving parts does it have? Hows the takedown and cleaning? Ive pretty much opted out of the spx model. I like the jm model alot. If i can find one.

All in all guys. I want an all around shotgun. From claysto deer to end of the world to zombies. Lol. Im sure everyone is lookin for this gun too but im less picky then some people and i want something that functions and wont ever fail me. Pumps are cool but ive had enough of them in the past where im ready to move onto something better.


P.s. i dont think zombies are a reality lol more like. Invasion of america/civil war/obamacare type ****.

akers06 11-24-2012 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooStrongTerry

How many moving parts does it have? Hows the takedown and cleaning? Ive pretty much opted out of the spx model. I like the jm model alot. If i can find one.

All in all guys. I want an all around shotgun. From claysto deer to end of the world to zombies. Lol. Im sure everyone is lookin for this gun too but im less picky then some people and i want something that functions and wont ever fail me. Pumps are cool but ive had enough of them in the past where im ready to move onto something better.

P.s. i dont think zombies are a reality lol more like. Invasion of america/civil war/obamacare type ****.

It has 2 moving parts the bolt and the slide...the takedown is simple the easiest way to explain it is its a lot like a pump....look up some of the videos on you tube I'm not good at explaining stuff like that lol....I think the msrp on the 3000 is around the $500 Mark well worth the money

HockaLouis 11-24-2012 03:37 PM

I think the 930 might be fine for a limited range of ammo if broken in and kept very clean. Forget the SPX. However, the Stoeger, a poor-man's version of the Benelli Armi inertia system, is the way I'd go.

TooStrongTerry 11-24-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis
I think the 930 might be fine for a limited range of ammo if broken in and kept very clean. Forget the SPX. However, the Stoeger, a poor-man's version of the Benelli Armi inertia system, is the way I'd go.

Hocka!! I havent been on here in awhile good to see ya lmao. Im thinkin the stoeger is gonna be my route. Iwas lookin at the m3000 andi think thatd be perfect. Might get one of those nordic tube extensions.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.