Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > stoeger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 02:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default stoeger

i went and bought a stoeger model 2000 the other day for some goose hunting. I got the gun used, when I am shooting horizontal it is fine, but when I am shooting vertical it will not load. I cleaned it real good, took a brush to everything that I could, when I was finished the rags were coming out white, when I reassembled it the bolt was staying stuck back, so i disassemble it again and put it back together, this time the bolt is working fine, I get one shot off and the bolt is sticking back again and it is still not loading like it should. When it comes to shotguns i am auto illiterate, this is the first I have owned and the second that I have messed with. I know it has been reassembled right as one of the guys I was hunting with was standing beside me and has messed with these before but he was clueless as to what the problem, any one have an idea or should I just take it to the gunsmith?

If we dont stand together we dont stand a chance. unknown

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils of the world are to be cured by legislation. Thomas Reed

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #2

Take it to a gunsmith, and get back with the guy you bought it from. He sold you a lemon, and usually Stoegers are junk to begin with..

Old 03-23-2009, 09:42 AM   #3

Liked 101 Times on 77 Posts

I believe that gun uses the Benelli mechanism, which regardless of how one feels about the recoil reducing tendencies, or lack thereof , is usually pretty darned reliable. If that thing has an action spring in the buttstock I would take that apart and clean it good. I personally don't like the feel of them, but several people who have bought them seem to be pretty high on them for whatever that's worth.
I bought a Stoeger SxS in 20 gauge some years ago and was pleasantly surprised. Shot well and never had the first hint of a problem.

What could have happened... did.