Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Special run Browning Citori Gran Lightning in 16 Ga

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Special run Browning Citori Gran Lightning in 16 Ga

For anyone interested:

I just got off the phone with Browning to get the details on this special run. They told me that they will be making about 15 of the Gran's deliverable in August. They will also offer the 16 Ga in other model Citori's but I just checked on the Gran.

According to Browning, they have 5 of the Gran's on b/o now so I went ahead and got my local guy to lock one in for me.

billhanusbirdguns.com has a short write-up about the special run if anyone is interested.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I got one of the standard Lightnings in 16ga when they did the last run about 6 or 7 years ago--would love to have a gran but not sure I can justify the cost--maybe trade my other one??

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 07-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #3

I have a 12 Ga Gran Lightning and a 12 Ga Field Grade Lightning. As much as I hate to, I will probably sell the Field Grade Lightning to help justify the cost.

I hate selling guns but I really want the 16 Ga Gran.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Mine has a 28in barrel and decent wood--I've been a 16ga fan since my dad bought me my first shotgun, a Mossberg bolt action 16ga in 1966. I also bought a Remington 1100 in 16ga when those came out a few years ago--gave that one to my youngest son (now 32). The Grans have some of the nicest wood of all shotguns--hard not to love them!

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"