sling and hardware for 590a1 mossy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > sling and hardware for 590a1 mossy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default sling and hardware for 590a1 mossy

The stock hardware and sling that came with the gun seem to me a little skimpy. I was thinking about a sling that also had extra ammo capacity. The gun holds 8 plus 1 which I really like, but who does't want more ammo at the ready. Anybody ever used a sling as described and if so what did and didn't you like about it. Thanks

NEVER FORGET

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #2

Hey brother, the only company I am familiar with that makes a bandolier/sling is BLACKHAWK! I am sure many other companies have made them.
http://www.amazon.com/BlackHawk-Blackhawk-Shotgun-Bandoleer/dp/B001QGK1CO

I do not own one but have worn one loaded to bear with 00buck. It was not what I expected. It was heavy, uncomfortable and an all around inconvenience. Granted with tactical gear, such as a vest and/or a chest rig maybe it would have worked better? Not sure. I would recommend a regular sling your preference on Points. Look into other ways to carry shells, such as on the gun or in pouches attached via MOLLE to a vest perhaps? Thats my humble opinion.

If you outlaw guns then only outlaws have guns.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #3

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Thanks, those were some of my concerns just in thinking about it. I think a side mounted shot shell carrier is the way to go. That will take me up to 14. Hopefully I don't get my self into situation that I need the first shell.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #4

I have a Tacstar side saddle for my Mossberg 500. They are about 30 bucks and are fairly popular.
http://www.amazon.com/Tacstar-Sidesaddle-Fits-Mossberg-590Da/dp/B001AMZXQI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324160743&sr=8-1

Personally I do not regret buying it because of its price, but come to have it for a while I do not agree with the design. It is a two piece design, the shell carry being screwed onto a plate that screws into the receiver. Mesa tactical makes one that is not as clunky and is a one piece design that seems to be a lot more sturdy, which is really what I'm looking for, quality. It's twice the price, it's really up to you, they both work!
Amazon.com: Mesa Tactical Sureshell Shotshell Carrier: Sports & Outdoors

If you outlaw guns then only outlaws have guns.