Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Skeet/Trap Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Skeet/Trap Gun

I'm still shooting skeet/trap with my 870 which is very limiting when shooting doubles.

What brand of gun, model and gauge do you shoot skeet/trap with?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-15-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I use a Remington 1100 LT20. It is the same gun my dad used when he was a skeet shooter.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 07-15-2007, 11:28 PM   #3

Trap I use a BT-99 and Skeet and Sporting clays a Ruger Red Label

Later Joe

Old 07-16-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Why the difference in guns between skeet and trap?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #5

The BT -99 is a single shot gun that shoots a pattern high you never miss with that gun. The Ruger is an over and under that I prefer for two birdies at once. All a matter of preference When I first started shooting clays I used a 11-87 auto I like a break open type gun

Joe

Old 07-20-2007, 12:09 AM   #6

I use a Ruger Red Label Sporting Clays for everything, except HD where I have a 870 Express w/20 inch barrel. The Ruger has worked well for me. I even hunt with it. I also have a 20GA Ruger Red Label that my son used to hunt with. I have not shot it for quite awhile. Need to drag it out. I'd like to get my hands on a SXS that can hold up to the range use. The doubles I have had were all "field guns" and didn't seem to be able to stand up to shooting Trap, skeet, SC on a regular basis. I had a Ithica SKB Model 150 12 GA years ago that I shot 50 straight in Trap at a registered shoot in Red Cloud, NE. Sure liked that gun. I bought it at Montgomery Wards. got my first charge card with them to get it. (Cowboys don't make much money ) My Grand Dad told me that "if Wards don't have it, you don't need it." That's sure changed Anyway, while living in Denver that was one of the guns stolen.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:19 PM   #7

Default trap/skeet guns

,,,Hello,,,,I am new here,,,NICE SITE SET-UP,,wow,,,you must really like to shoot trap/skeet if your using a pump,,,and thats super !
I had to give it up a few yrs ago due to some serious spinal issues,,,I still have a browning 12ga double auto-twentyweight factory skeet bored taking up space in the safe.,,,if you ever decide to update. LOL
JIM

Old 08-02-2007, 02:55 AM   #8

Default Trap an Skeet gun

I have a bt-99, great for trap. use my browning special sporting for skeet and sporting clays. I also like my Beretta 391 sporting for all. It really does shoot nice. So my choice would be a good o/u with not long of bbl, or a good outo such as the beretta. None have failed me yet.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Why the difference in guns between skeet and trap?
Trap guns are typically set up with stock and sighting configuration to shoot high when aiming dead on, because the target is rising away from the shooting station.

I use a standard Browning Gold Auto for everything.