Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Single Barrels (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/single-barrels-1301/)

FiveseveN 07-18-2007 03:58 PM

Single Barrels
 
I've been looking at 12 or 20 gauge Single Barrels as a cheap beginners shotgun. The ones that I have looked at are by Rossi and NEF. Does anyone have any experience with these manufacturers or recommendations?

ScottG 07-19-2007 11:57 PM

My first ever gun purchase was a NEF Pardner in 20 gauge. I've enjoyed shooting it and have had no problems with it. Nice and easy to use and clean.

Pistol City GunDawgs 07-29-2007 05:54 PM

My first shotgun was a H&R .410. Nothing like a single shot in my opion. Ive been looking for a NEF 16ga with a full choke. No luck yet but its hard to locate 16's anymore. Might just have to order one I guess. The only diffrence I beleive between a H&R and NEF is one is nickle plated and black painted stock and the other is blued with a finished stock.

ScottG 08-01-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pistol City GunDawgs (Post 5255)
Ive been looking for a NEF 16ga with a full choke. No luck yet but its hard to locate 16's anymore. Might just have to order one I guess.

H&R's website shows the 16 gauge with full choke is a current production model. Try WalMart's special order book, that's where I got my 20 gauge.

peabody 01-17-2011 02:44 AM

hummm... i just bought a 16ga off brand' [stevens model 94]

for 50 dollars and change off gunbroker.

they are fantastic old shotguns,

i've had my original stevens 16ga since i was a kid, 40+ years ago.

i've killed everything on the planet with that ol' single barrel.ha.

i have many other shotguns, but as i get older. i carry the single barrel the most now.

i hit very well with it' it patterns great. its safe. IT HAS A HAMMER !!!

its classic, its lightweight. its ''cool'' lol.

and of course' it was given to me by my granddad, i'll always love it.

the memories i have with that old gun ..... is priceless.

i've shot deer, wabbits, quail, squirrels, crows, snakes, feral dogs, hogs, spiders, tin cans, mice, fish, rock's, clouds. tailgates, and a frying pan....and everything else inbetween.

the 16ga rules !! purple shells rocks !! lol.

love em.

peabody

spittinfire 01-17-2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peabody (Post 423653)
hummm... i just bought a 16ga off brand' [stevens model 94]

for 50 dollars and change off gunbroker.

they are fantastic old shotguns,

i've had my original stevens 16ga since i was a kid, 40+ years ago.

i've killed everything on the planet with that ol' single barrel.ha.

i have many other shotguns, but as i get older. i carry the single barrel the most now.

i hit very well with it' it patterns great. its safe. IT HAS A HAMMER !!!

its classic, its lightweight. its ''cool'' lol.

and of course' it was given to me by my granddad, i'll always love it.

the memories i have with that old gun ..... is priceless.

i've shot deer, wabbits, quail, squirrels, crows, snakes, feral dogs, hogs, spiders, tin cans, mice, fish, rock's, clouds. tailgates, and a frying pan....and everything else inbetween.

the 16ga rules !! purple shells rocks !! lol.

love em.

peabody

Where have you been? I thought I was the only 16ga nut on this forum.....Aren't those purple Federal hulls just plain sexy?? Do you reload?

OP, I've got an H&R Topper in 410 and it has been absolutely flawless. I would recommend it highly. I think I paid $75 out the door for it and it looked like new.

peabody 01-17-2011 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 423656)
Where have you been? I thought I was the only 16ga nut on this forum.....Aren't those purple Federal hulls just plain sexy?? Do you reload?

OP, I've got an H&R Topper in 410 and it has been absolutely flawless. I would recommend it highly. I think I paid $75 out the door for it and it looked like new.








lol....sexy ? YES.

i BLEED PURPLE.

as a kid, gradpap would feeds us, cow milk and paper 16 hulls, :rolleyes:

i can reload all the rifle and pistol ammo i need, but have never re-loaded a shotgun shell.

honestly, i grew up holding a stevens 16ga single, then a sweet 16 browning,then a model 311.
but im back to the single.

it fits better , i hit with it better, and grandpa gave it to me.

im very interested in learning how to re load shotshells, i'ed love to work up some black powder loads.

i'll never leave the 16...

16's forever.

amen.

GEORGIA 01-17-2011 12:10 PM

There aint nothin any cooler than break barrel shotguns.I have a single and a side-by-side,old ones i got for less than $200 a piece.Not any expensive wood trim,just fun guns! Cant malfunction,and the side by side has a hammer for each barrel,not one flip-switch.

spittinfire 01-17-2011 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought my first 16 when I was college. I grew up hearing my dad talk about them and got to shoot my grandfathers semi auto a few times. I wanted a double barrel and I'm so glad I got it. This little beauty is my favorite shotgun for birds or clays. It points like a dream and swings quick(and will beat your shoulder up, but it's worth it).

Attachment 23865

mach1337 01-17-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peabody (Post 423653)
hummm... i just bought a 16ga off brand' [stevens model 94]

for 50 dollars and change off gunbroker.

they are fantastic old shotguns,
peabody

I would have to agree. I was reciently back home in TN and a buddy of mine on the police force just bought a old stevens model 94 in 12ga. from a guy at a gun show. he paid $50 dollars for it. we went out a shot it one day and buy the end of that day it had become my favorite gun there. i tried to give him 75 and even 100$ for it but he wouldnt sell it to me. nice and light enought to haul around but heavy enought that it didnt kick the hell outta you. i will have my eye out for one at the next gun show thats for sure!


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.