Side by side help - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Side by side help


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sniper03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 6,139
Liked 3569 Times on 1719 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

Default

SS,

No doubt Double Barrels or Side by Sides as some call them are surely Cool Shotguns and look Cool also. I have one hanging over the Fireplace Mantle should I need it on the spur of the moment.
But I have to go with Vikingdad!
The Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 with the 20 Inch Barrel would be my choice and much more beneficial as a tactical type home defense or other use shotgun. You may want to look at them before selecting! The Mossbergs are great guns even though I have a Parkerized Remington 870 Mag. Pump Shotgun with the 8 shell magazine extension in my closet with the 20 inch Rifle Sight Barrel. And you can by add on accessories for both makes of shotguns that are flat super to make them look as BAD as you want. I have number 4 Buck in mine as it sets in the closet with some slugs close at hand should I have to deploy the weapon. In addition, there is something of universal understanding when a thief or bad guy hears the distinct RACK of THE PUMP SHOTGUN.

03
__________________
The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy
Sniper03 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake Havasu,Arizona
Posts: 7,298
Liked 2880 Times on 1581 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Default

My son in law was working as a clerk in a store with another clerk. One guy was acting funny and they figured the might get robbed. When the store cleared the guy approached the counter with his hand in his jacket pocket. The other clerk racked an old style credit card machine and the guy turned and left in a hurry. Those old credit card machines sound just like a pump shotgun.
__________________
Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.
JTJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ss33204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 86
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
SS,

No doubt Double Barrels or Side by Sides as some call them are surely Cool Shotguns and look Cool also. I have one hanging over the Fireplace Mantle should I need it on the spur of the moment.
But I have to go with Vikingdad!
The Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 with the 20 Inch Barrel would be my choice and much more beneficial as a tactical type home defense or other use shotgun. You may want to look at them before selecting! The Mossbergs are great guns even though I have a Parkerized Remington 870 Mag. Pump Shotgun with the 8 shell magazine extension in my closet with the 20 inch Rifle Sight Barrel. And you can by add on accessories for both makes of shotguns that are flat super to make them look as BAD as you want. I have number 4 Buck in mine as it sets in the closet with some slugs close at hand should I have to deploy the weapon. In addition, there is something of universal understanding when a thief or bad guy hears the distinct RACK of THE PUMP SHOTGUN.

03
Sniper, I don't know if you think i am fairly new to owning firearms but actually I'm looking for information on a stoger side by side shotgun, I own a mossberg 500, and a Remington 870 for home defense shotguns. I don't know why I would need to hear about your gun in my thread about info on a stoger?? Very odd, but sure I like talking about all the guns I own too... I believe my thread title says "side by side help", not "what is a great home defense shotgun?".
ss33204 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:49 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Blueguns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Posts: 2,001
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default

Stoeger is a good brand, it's owned by Benelli now do I'm sure quality control is pretty good. I really liked the Stoeger after handling one.
__________________
-Matt
Blueguns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: navarre,fl
Posts: 619
Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
Stoeger is a good brand, it's owned by Benelli now do I'm sure quality control is pretty good. I really liked the Stoeger after handling one.
but how can thay sell them so much cheeper?for an inexpensive sxs i would look for a used us built
tonydewar is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:39 AM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sniper03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 6,139
Liked 3569 Times on 1719 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

Default

SS,

First of all when Vikingdad asked you what you wanted it for you stated Home Defense so that raised the question in our minds about double vs the pump gun as others responded about. Most of us here on this Forum get along real well and have made a lot of good friends we do not need people with attitudes on the forum! When we respectfully were trying to assist with responding. Sorry I misunderstood exactly where you were going by reading "For Home Defense" and obviously wasting your valuable time!

03
__________________
The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy
Sniper03 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #17
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss33204 View Post
I'm looking into buying a stoger side by side coach gun, 20g or 12g. Ive never owned a side by side, any comments would help
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss33204 View Post
Home defense
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss33204 View Post
Home defense / skunk gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss33204 View Post
Sniper, I don't know if you think i am fairly new to owning firearms but actually I'm looking for information on a stoger side by side shotgun, I own a mossberg 500, and a Remington 870 for home defense shotguns. I don't know why I would need to hear about your gun in my thread about info on a stoger?? Very odd, but sure I like talking about all the guns I own too... I believe my thread title says "side by side help", not "what is a great home defense shotgun?".
This is where the confusion came from. I share in it, I presumed that you are buying your first gun for HD and "skunk gun".
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: navarre,fl
Posts: 619
Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Default

sniper looks as if you took an att here WE KNOW THERE ARE NO FINER GUNS ON EARTH THAN A 500 OR 870 EXPRESS but looks as if the op may be looking at other options
tonydewar is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:44 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ss33204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 86
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default

..... Crazy, I'm just going to drop it
ss33204 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #20
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake Havasu,Arizona
Posts: 7,298
Liked 2880 Times on 1581 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Default

I patterned the Stoeger 20 gauge Coach Gun at 7 yards with Remington 2 3/4" #3 buckshot, 20 pellets. The right side is improved and the left is modified. At 5 yards the right side looks like the left side on the picture. The big holes are the wads.
stoeger.jpg  
__________________
Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Last edited by JTJ; 10-04-2012 at 11:34 PM.
JTJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Side by side .410 shotgun w/ 7.125" barrel legal?!? Hunter_S NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 3 08-13-2012 02:37 PM
Side by Side french Shotgun Search GunslingerAirborne General Shotgun Discussion 7 03-07-2012 12:06 AM
Ithaca 20 gauge side by side double ThinkFastHolsters General Shotgun Discussion 4 12-22-2011 03:06 AM
SR9C VS XDM9C Side by side Comparison Photos NCSU08MS3 Semi-Auto Handguns 5 04-20-2011 07:13 PM
Side By Side Shotgun for 12 Year-Old Daughter ACES 6 The Club House 8 05-15-2009 12:21 PM



Newest Threads