Show off your tactical shotgun.. - Page 18
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Show off your tactical shotgun..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 02:51 AM   #171
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304inc
Where's the line between tactical and practical? Seems blurred sometimes.
In order to use a shotgun in a tactical situation, without the following items you will find yourself at a disadvantage at some point.

1) Gun mounted flashlight and some type of night sight (tritium, laser, red dot etc.) for dealing with low light.

2) Adjustable stock for guiding around corners.

3) Place on the stock or harness for extra shells.

Much more than this is lagniappe in my opinion. I have cleared quite a few buildings with several different shotguns and never needed anything not listed above.

Sure there's all kinds of crazy gadgets you can put on them, but dealing with low light, tight spaces and limited ammo capacity are the big 3 in a tactical situation with a shotgun.

If you are in total pitch black a flash suppressor would come in handy. But I've never had any night blindness from a muzzle flash that the gun mounted light didn't overcome. Of course that may change as I get older.

Obviously if its a semi automatic shotgun like the Saiga 12 you would not need a place mounted on the gun for extra shells. And you might find a fore end grip useful. But I can't say for sure, I've never used anything but a remington or mossberg pump shotgun tactically.

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-11-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:07 AM   #172

Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post

"I dont even notice the added weight of that bayonet and if I did, I would have no business handling a 12ga."

That part makes no sense. Why would added weight not allow you to be able to handle a 12 gauge?

"When I shoot, it comes off. When I'm not shooting it then its on and in the case."

So if it comes off and is in a case, what's the point of it in general and why isn't it on a pistol like it was designed for? Nobody can see it if it's locked away in a case so then it can't get anybody's attention away from the barrel or be a conversational piece like you said it was
"Extra weight isn't worth being a conversational piece" was your comment.

First thing that came to my mind was "what extra weight?" That bayonet weighs ounces, I dont even feel its there the few times it is (as in for this picture for example). If someone does feel the difference, then they have no business handling a 12ga if a few ounces makes THAT much of an even noticeable issue. If a few ounces of bayonet makes a difference, I'd hate to see what type of gun control results from them actually firing a 12ga.

My Defender is cased and put away at home. No need to have it out unless I'm going to the range or work. For that though, my 930 is my primary long gun.

Now... as far as me stating it had no real function on my shotgun and that it was a "conversational" piece... it got us talking didnt it? You see... it works just fine...

Old 09-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #173

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
Well since there's a 1300, why not add another? ATI collapsible stock with an Aimpoint PRO and green fiberoptic bead. The Aimpoint came off though, didn't like it too much. Just need to find a new screw to take off the rail on top
Can I have it? I'll put it to good use I promise!

Old 09-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #174

Liked 752 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i think that some have a hard time discerning the difference of combat from home defence.

i am a huge fan of simple is better. that sometimes, less is more.

here's a question, do you need both a light and laser on a shotgun used for SD/HD uasge? does one need a red dot scope for a shotgun used for SD/HD purposes?

IMO, one or the other of a light or laser should suffice. a red dot scope for a shotgun that is for SD/HD usage seems useless, since what distances are you going to encounter within your home? 30 feet or less more than likely. a set of night sights IMO would be better suited.
Moms basement could possibly be big enough to justify a red dot.
People Like This 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #175

Show off your tactical shotgun.. - General Shotgun Discussion

got this baby from legionusainc.com

bout to make her a bit more tactical in the next week or two.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #176
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchengunsmith433

Keep ur finger up your nose and off the trigger unless you're trying to drill for oil in your mommas house!
People Like This 
Old 09-12-2013, 12:57 AM   #177
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:

First of all, welcome to FTF, have checked out the introductions yet.

Second of all, that thing is awesome!!!

And third, and most important is, as DeltaF said, FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTILL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE! This is a very important safety rule.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 09-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #178

Will do, yeah sorry about that I got a little overzealous, the firearm was and still is unloaded, I'm just going to take it to the range tomorrow, been real busy with work this week.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #179
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Will do, yeah sorry about that I got a little overzealous, the firearm was and still is unloaded, I'm just going to take it to the range tomorrow, been real busy with work this week.
Even if you know it is unloaded you should always treat every gun as if it is loaded.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 09-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #180

Liked 434 Times on 270 Posts
Likes Given: 8

just your basic Mossberg 500A. 18.5" barrel & cheap heat shield i'm probably gonna take off in a couple minutes.
dsci0640.jpg