Show off your tactical shotgun.. - Page 17
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Show off your tactical shotgun..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #161
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 763 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Winnie 1300,
Knox Spec Ops Stock,

Jim

Old 09-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #162

Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post

Okay but if the barrel is a few inches away, why wouldn't you just pull the trigger? Or if your out of ammo in the tube and chamber, why not use the breacher that actually sticks out farther than the knife? It's gonna have sharp points on the end right? Or drop the gun and use a knife or handgun on your belt. That would be more maneuverable than a long gun in that close of quarters
Yea its useless on the shotgun, its actually a pistol bayonet. On the shotgun, its just a conversation piece... see how it works?

forumrunner_20130910_173756.jpg
DaughterofAres Likes This 
Old 09-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
Winnie 1300,
Knox Spec Ops Stock,

Jim
This is nice

Old 09-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #164
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1172 Times on 714 Posts
Likes Given: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux
Winnie 1300,
Knox Spec Ops Stock,

Jim
That IS nice!
I need that in a 20 ga....

Old 09-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #165

Liked 461 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_marquez

Yea its useless on the shotgun, its actually a pistol bayonet. On the shotgun, its just a conversation piece... see how it works?
So if its useless on your shotgun, why have it on there to begin with? Extra weight isn't worth being a "conversational" piece. If you're going for as tacticool as possible you have an A+ in that. Functionality though, not so much. But who am I kidding. I believe in the KISS method with adding nothing needed. I have a side saddle and collapsible stock on my 1300 because the original is a little too long for me.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #166

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Where's the line between tactical and practical? Seems blurred sometimes.
People Like This 
Old 09-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post

So if its useless on your shotgun, why have it on there to begin with? Extra weight isn't worth being a "conversational" piece. If you're going for as tacticool as possible you have an A+ in that. Functionality though, not so much. But who am I kidding. I believe in the KISS method with adding nothing needed. I have a side saddle and collapsible stock on my 1300 because the original is a little too long for me.
I went for the tacticool A+. I dont even notice the added weight of that bayonet and if I did, I would have no business handling a 12ga. When I shoot, it comes off. When I'm not shooting it then its on and in the case. The 930 is my primary.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:14 AM   #168
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304inc View Post
Where's the line between tactical and practical? Seems blurred sometimes.
i think that some have a hard time discerning the difference of combat from home defence.

i am a huge fan of simple is better. that sometimes, less is more.

here's a question, do you need both a light and laser on a shotgun used for SD/HD uasge? does one need a red dot scope for a shotgun used for SD/HD purposes?

IMO, one or the other of a light or laser should suffice. a red dot scope for a shotgun that is for SD/HD usage seems useless, since what distances are you going to encounter within your home? 30 feet or less more than likely. a set of night sights IMO would be better suited.
People Like This 
Old 09-11-2013, 02:28 AM   #169

Liked 461 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_marquez

I went for the tacticool A+. I dont even notice the added weight of that bayonet and if I did, I would have no business handling a 12ga.

That part makes no sense. Why would added weight not allow you to be able to handle a 12 gauge?

When I shoot, it comes off. When I'm not shooting it then its on and in the case.

So if it comes off and is in a case, what's the point of it in general and why isn't it on a pistol like it was designed for? Nobody can see it if it's locked away in a case so then it can't get anybody's attention away from the barrel or be a conversational piece like you said it was
The 930 is my primary.
"I dont even notice the added weight of that bayonet and if I did, I would have no business handling a 12ga."

That part makes no sense. Why would added weight not allow you to be able to handle a 12 gauge?

"When I shoot, it comes off. When I'm not shooting it then its on and in the case."

So if it comes off and is in a case, what's the point of it in general and why isn't it on a pistol like it was designed for? Nobody can see it if it's locked away in a case so then it can't get anybody's attention away from the barrel or be a conversational piece like you said it was
People Like This 
Old 09-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #170

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

i think that some have a hard time discerning the difference of combat from home defence.

i am a huge fan of simple is better. that sometimes, less is more.

here's a question, do you need both a light and laser on a shotgun used for SD/HD uasge? does one need a red dot scope for a shotgun used for SD/HD purposes?

IMO, one or the other of a light or laser should suffice. a red dot scope for a shotgun that is for SD/HD usage seems useless, since what distances are you going to encounter within your home? 30 feet or less more than likely. a set of night sights IMO would be better suited.
True, seems one would have to call timeout when a BG broke in just to hit all the buttons/knobs, pressure and toggle switches.....
In the moment you need that shotgun will be adrenaline filled, hands shaking, heart pounding few seconds I'd rather be fumbling around as little as possible.
Not knocking the dressed out ones,
Their awesome, just personally only have one HD shotgun so I keep it simple. Just my .2
Axxe55 Likes This