Show off your tactical shotgun.. - Page 16
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Show off your tactical shotgun..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #151
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_marquez View Post
Mossberg 930 SPX 12ga, Winchester 1300 Defender 12ga

Attachment 117900
I must say, that bayonet is pretty useful on there, especially since it doesn't extend past the barrel shroud...

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #152

Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post

I must say, that bayonet is pretty useful on there, especially since it doesn't extend past the barrel shroud...
Its sole purpose is to get people's attention. It obviously worked.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #153
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1934 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 11004

Quote:
Thanks man. Yours are nice too. I only just bought mine, and its my first shotty. Haven't even fired it yet. Hopefully this week.
Yours is pretty cool as well. One of my uncles has my gandfather's old 20 gauge J.C. another has his dad's 12 gauge one. I leaned to shoot with the 185-ka that is in my collection. Dad and I both took our first deer with that shotgun. Wonder why i have a soft spot for the old bolts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
honestly, that tube fed bolt action shotgun of yours is pretty neat! very cool shotgun!
They are a lot of fun to shoot. I am in negotiations with a friend who has one in 20 gauge, and I am hoping to pick it up soon. Same make and model as JW's.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #154
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_marquez View Post
It sure did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Yours is pretty cool as well. One of my uncles has my gandfather's old 20 gauge J.C. another has his dad's 12 gauge one. I leaned to shoot with the 185-ka that is in my collection. Dad and I both took our first deer with that shotgun. Wonder why i have a soft spot for the old bolts.

They are a lot of fun to shoot. I am in negotiations with a friend who has one in 20 gauge, and I am hoping to pick it up soon. Same make and model as JW's.
They seem like they'd be fun. I'm hoping to go shoot it this weekend. I don't know if that's gonna happen or not.

The LGS I bought mine at had a 12ga bolt, for $75. Its condition wasn't near as nice as mine, though. I noticed that when I picked mine up. The 12's stock is much more worn and the butt pad is basically worn off. I wouldn't mind adding a 12ga in nice condition some day, if for no other reason as a keepsake and something I can pass down to my kids and grandkids.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #155

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_marquez

What good is a sharp pointy object that you put on the end of a firearm that doesn't actually reach out past the firearm? Catching people's attention does 0 good. Like the 930 though

Old 09-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #156

Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post

What good is a sharp pointy object that you put on the end of a firearm that doesn't actually reach out past the firearm? Catching people's attention does 0 good. Like the 930 though
Double sided blade bayonet underneath the sheath. Much like the knife held up by someone belt... you know its there because it got your attention. If thier attention is on that shiny blade... its not on the dull black barrel a few inches away.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #157

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_marquez

Double sided blade bayonet underneath the sheath. Much like the knife held up by someone belt... you know its there because it got your attention. If thier attention is on that shiny blade... its not on the dull black barrel a few inches away.
Okay but if the barrel is a few inches away, why wouldn't you just pull the trigger? Or if your out of ammo in the tube and chamber, why not use the breacher that actually sticks out farther than the knife? It's gonna have sharp points on the end right? Or drop the gun and use a knife or handgun on your belt. That would be more maneuverable than a long gun in that close of quarters

Old 09-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #158

Liked 751 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Okay but if the barrel is a few inches away, why wouldn't you just pull the trigger? Or if your out of ammo in the tube and chamber, why not use the breacher that actually sticks out farther than the knife? It's gonna have sharp points on the end right? Or drop the gun and use a knife or handgun on your belt. That would be more maneuverable than a long gun in that close of quarters
The reason is thats not how they do it on COD

Old 09-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #159
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1934 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 11004

Quote:
It sure did.

They seem like they'd be fun. I'm hoping to go shoot it this weekend. I don't know if that's gonna happen or not.

The LGS I bought mine at had a 12ga bolt, for $75. Its condition wasn't near as nice as mine, though. I noticed that when I picked mine up. The 12's stock is much more worn and the butt pad is basically worn off. I wouldn't mind adding a 12ga in nice condition some day, if for no other reason as a keepsake and something I can pass down to my kids and grandkids.
I would say pick up the 12 gauge for $75, and restore it as a project with the pone of the kids or grandkids. It will be a good bonding experience for both of you, and it will make for a nice back story for the family member that the shotgun is handed down to. There is a reason that I will never get rid of my 185-ka. It was one of dad's and my projects during my early teens.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #160
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75

I would say pick up the 12 gauge for $75, and restore it as a project with the pone of the kids or grandkids. It will be a good bonding experience for both of you, and it will make for a nice back story for the family member that the shotgun is handed down to. There is a reason that I will never get rid of my 185-ka. It was one of dad's and my projects during my early teens.
Maybe I will. I'm not very handy, though. It might be a fun project and learning experience, though.

Always have clean socks.