Should i keep one non lethal round loaded in the magtube? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Should i keep one non lethal round loaded in the magtube?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #41
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Great. As if we don't have enough controversy about Stand Your Ground you're going to blow away the Cookie Monster and get the Castle Doctrine on the front page, too. The Castle Doctrine allows you to defend your home. It doesn't require you to. If this guy is sitting at the table eating up your Oreos what threat is he to you? Hold him at gun point and let the law handle it.
Doc, if a person is brave enough to break into my house and sit down at my table and eat cookies, then he definately IMO, has some serious mental issues, and as such i see him as a threat. the threat is he broke into my home, a place i consider private and safe. both of which i feel no longer apply when my home was broken into. again, i don't feel it's my job to evaluate a person's mental capacity when they are seen as a threat.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
No no no, first you take his wallet, then his clothes, kick him into the street, call 911 and tell them to look for the guy with no clothes and cookie breath! That scenario only happens if the person sitting at the table dosent move threateningly. If they even wink, their history...
That's what I said earlier. Assess, react. If there is no threat hold for the PD. If there is a threat respond with appropriate force.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:32 AM   #43

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

What if its a family member on drugs? I dont want to blow his head off. If the bean bag wont make him leave then then next round will be a buckshot and that will certainly blow some brains out. i don't want two different weapons types of weapons lethal and another non lethal thats stupid i wont have time to pick which one to use. i want it all in one package and the ones that say "you only want your side of the story" or "you need proper training" remember there is still 4 shots of buckshot you can always pump another round into the chamber. If someone doesn't t leave after getting shot at inside your house the first time then they had there chance to leave thats when its time to kill in order to protect yourself. Military and police also train with live ammo as well as bean bag ammo. Except they use bean bags to rush in and detain someone. I would use it to deter and protect myself give an almost lethal warning if they still come at me after that in my house then its time to do whats necessary.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:53 AM   #44
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357 View Post
What if its a family member on drugs? I dont want to blow his head off. If the bean bag wont make him leave then then next round will be a buckshot and that will certainly blow some brains out. i don't want two different weapons types of weapons lethal and another non lethal thats stupid i wont have time to pick which one to use. i want it all in one package and the ones that say "you only want your side of the story" or "you need proper training" remember there is still 4 shots of buckshot you can always pump another round into the chamber. If someone doesn't t leave after getting shot at inside your house the first time then they had there chance to leave thats when its time to kill in order to protect yourself. Military and police also train with live ammo as well as bean bag ammo. Except they use bean bags to rush in and detain someone. I would use it to deter and protect myself give an almost lethal warning if they still come at me after that in my house then its time to do whats necessary.
time to grow up! if you have a family member that's on drugs, then find them some help or be a man and tell them that when under the influence they are not welcome in your home. it is your home isn't it? if not, then get your own place and be an adult and act like one who thinks responsibily and acts accordingly. stop worrying over the bean bag ammo. i think it's been pretty well pointed out how it's a bad idea for several reasons. LEO's are trained in the use of less than lethal methods and ammo. they tend to have back-up and time to make a judgement call that you don't have the luxury of making when confronted with a threat.

again, i get the impression you have really spent little time reading and digesting the information and suggestions given here to you. if you still feel compelled to load bean bag ammo in your shotgun, then by gosh, go for it. i hope you never have to find out the errors of your reasoning by either ending up in court fighting for your freedom, or face-up on a coroner's slab in the cold room. another point many of us try and deter are warning shots. again, very bad choice for many reasons, and many of them the same as for using less than lethal ammo for SD.

honestly how much time have you given to the thought of using deadly force in SD? again how old are you and how long have you actually been shooting? my impressions are that you are a very young person, who in some ways has a less than realistic view of firearms and their use in SD situations. reading some of your posts, i get the impression that you might really need to rethink your situation and get a little more maturity about yourself before even consider having a firearm for SD purposes. just my thoughts about it.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:53 AM   #45

Liked 232 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357
It's totally up to you how you defend yourself, family, and property. It's also clear you have already made your decision.

What is not clear is why you asked for opinions if you really didn't need them to begin with.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #46

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

BREAKING NEWS!!! Stubborn man shoots poor Johnny doe in the face while eating cookies! Johnny was just trying to get home to his mother for some milk and cookies but but forgot where he lives. He broke into a house thinking his mother locked the door and fell asleep so he crawls into the window to eat his cookies and wait for his mother to wake up and make some food turns out he broke into the wrong house and a homeowner hellbent on killing bad guys in his home shoots poor johnny in the face! Oh my! Gun owners are evil! Guns SHALL BE BANNED. This is what i imagine what would happen if a mentally retarded person was to be shot. More media propaganda to feed.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #47

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

There are 5 pages of thoughts, advice, and opinions. I promise you, the very thing your talking about has been debated and analyzed from every different direction, and the consensus is nearly always overwhelmingly unanimous. There's a reason for that.

You asked for it, and there they are. You also refuse to listen to said thoughts, opinions, and advice. Why not just let this drop and go do your own thing?

Old 07-26-2013, 02:58 AM   #48
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6024 Times on 3156 Posts
Likes Given: 432

This horse couldnt be more dead than if 50 french chefs been at it for an hour...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Closed Thread