Should i keep one non lethal round loaded in the magtube? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Should i keep one non lethal round loaded in the magtube?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #31
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7898 Times on 4053 Posts
Likes Given: 9046

Its all according to what your trying to do with the weapon, SD against dogs that chase your chickens might be best served with some rock salt loads but Armed Criminals hell bent on killing you generally are repelled better with lead than salt! Its all about the critter your trying to stop, if that critter has 2 legs and a gun, you really need to drop them not warn them you potentially could.

In the heat of the moment, your likely only gonna get one chance at getting it right thwarting extreme wrong. Firing a small projectile through the air in compromised conditions in an ultra stressful situation can be tenuous at best, if your goal is to survive and save others, you dont do yourself any favors limiting your own chance of being successful via racking or Non Lethal Bullets.
People Like This 
Old 07-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #32

Liked 245 Times on 162 Posts

I would suggest that if you want something "less lethal" get a civilian modeltaser, pepper spray etc.

I would not keep less lethal and lethal rounds in the same gun. If you notice most depts use a dedicated gun for deploying bean bag rounds. They usually have a different color stock, painted, colored tape etc.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

You have never seen anger until you have seen a learning disabled person angry. If he is in your house he is a possible threat. Assess the threat and react appropriately. This "mentally retarded" person, which by the way is a term I hate, is just as capable of going on the attack as anyone else is. Assess, react.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i have neither the training nor the inclination to assess someones mental capabilities if they are within my home. what i assessed, if that person has broken in or even just walked in uninvited is a threat.

i don't discriminate when faced with a threat within my home. i will do what is needed to eliminate that threat. by any means i feel needed to protect my loved ones and myself. i don't give a rat's azz about their race, gender, age or mental capacity. none of that means a thing to me. i see a threat. my only goal is that my loved ones and myself are safe and unharmed. nothing else matters.

anyone breaking into my home, has to play by house rules. my house, my rules. rule #1, i get to make the rules that insure my families safety and mine. rule #2, i get to change the rules as i see fit and to use any means i feel are needed. rule #3, refer to rules #1 and #2.
People Like This 
Old 07-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i have neither the training nor the inclination to assess someones mental capabilities if they are within my home. what i assessed, if that person has broken in or even just walked in uninvited is a threat.

i don't discriminate when faced with a threat within my home. i will do what is needed to eliminate that threat. by any means i feel needed to protect my loved ones and myself. i don't give a rat's azz about their race, gender, age or mental capacity. none of that means a thing to me. i see a threat. my only goal is that my loved ones and myself are safe and unharmed. nothing else matters.

anyone breaking into my home, has to play by house rules. my house, my rules. rule #1, i get to make the rules that insure my families safety and mine. rule #2, i get to change the rules as i see fit and to use any means i feel are needed. rule #3, refer to rules #1 and #2.
I wasn't really asking you to run a full psyche eval on him. However, if all he did was break in your house to have some milk and cookies I would strongly advise you not to blow him out of the dinette chair. He's challenged, remember?

Old 07-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #36

Liked 1727 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 372

If someone is breaking into your home in the middle of the night, in the seconds available, to defend yourself, how are you going to make a positive identification? What if the person breaking in is NOT the person you are concerned about? You might be shooting a well armed, desperate criminal with a freaking bean bag. If someone needs shot, they need to be disabled as quickly as possible, not a job for a bean bag.

Carl Sagan
People Like This 
Old 07-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #37
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I wasn't really asking you to run a full psyche eval on him. However, if all he did was break in your house to have some milk and cookies I would strongly advise you not to blow him out of the dinette chair. He's challenged, remember?
i strongly suggest he find a different house to to have his milk and cookies, as i won't even begin to make that determination.
People Like This 
Old 07-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #38

Liked 889 Times on 695 Posts

you should have a choice of types of ammo near by, then after you i.d. the threat, load accordingly.
if your bent on keeping it loaded, let me ask you.....how do you store the gun? is the muzzle below you in a closet leaning against a wall where you reach in and the muzzle is pointed at your head or is it in a vertical stow gun rack on a wall where the muzzle is above your head? or is it stowed in a horizontal rack or a sheath?
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/6th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-9-10-2015-a-114464/

Last edited by bobski; 07-25-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i strongly suggest he find a different house to to have his milk and cookies, as i won't even begin to make that determination.
Great. As if we don't have enough controversy about Stand Your Ground you're going to blow away the Cookie Monster and get the Castle Doctrine on the front page, too. The Castle Doctrine allows you to defend your home. It doesn't require you to. If this guy is sitting at the table eating up your Oreos what threat is he to you? Hold him at gun point and let the law handle it.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #40
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7898 Times on 4053 Posts
Likes Given: 9046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Great. As if we don't have enough controversy about Stand Your Ground you're going to blow away the Cookie Monster and get the Castle Doctrine on the front page, too. The Castle Doctrine allows you to defend your home. It doesn't require you to. If this guy is sitting at the table eating up your Oreos what threat is he to you? Hold him at gun point and let the law handle it.
No no no, first you take his wallet, then his clothes, kick him into the street, call 911 and tell them to look for the guy with no clothes and cookie breath! That scenario only happens if the person sitting at the table dosent move threateningly. If they even wink, their history...

Closed Thread