Should i keep one non lethal round loaded in the magtube? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Should i keep one non lethal round loaded in the magtube?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 06:07 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

There are no such thing as bad questions. I feel you should stay and ask away.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
There are no such thing as bad questions. I feel you should stay and ask away.
no there aren't. i think he could learn alot if he wanted to. and for him to learn, he will learn to grow a thicker skin and learn that some of us are blunt and don't pull punches. i am one of those type of people that when asked a question, i give the answer that seems to fit, not always the one someone wants to hear. i have never been accused of being politically correct.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

nobody is here to be rude or push people away. What everyone is here for is to talk about common interest and help the less experienced. stay and learn, look past the way things are said and listen to the message behind the bluntness. I can guarantee that nobody here will purposely stear you wrong and the advice given is with the best of intentions. Sometimes the best advice you can get is the advice you don't want to hear. You asked for the opinion of others on a very serious matter and what you got were very serious answers.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
nobody is here to be rude or push people away. What everyone is here for is to talk about common interest and help the less experienced. stay and learn, look past the way things are said and listen to the message behind the bluntness. I can guarantee that nobody here will purposely stear you wrong and the advice given is with the best of intentions. Sometimes the best advice you can get is the advice you don't want to hear. You asked for the opinion of others on a very serious matter and what you got were very serious answers.
exactly! well said! serious matters require serious answers,

Old 07-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #25

Liked 178 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

When they start shooting at you with lead bullets, the terror will set in that you have rubber bullets and you gonna die.In the heat of the moment you're gonna wish you had a rocket launcher so I say no to rubber.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

People Like This 
Old 07-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #26

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

Im not leaving? and im not angry or mad at anybody? Im not disappointed at all? many people have diffrent point of views and some are just grumpy old men. i respect them all its just a forum! Haha no need to wright a big o paragraph and get off subject. i learned a little something from everyone good advice and bad some i agree with some i don't everybody is different. some like to be personal and judgmental But for the most part everyone here is nice i just wont post as much asking for opinions or what would you do questions thats all . because others may not agree but in the end we are all brothers and sisters and we unite together i love you all very tired now goodnight everybody damn thats alot of smiley faces haha and nobody here is rude at all they just have a different way point of view actually members have been very nice thanx everybody

Last edited by hq357; 07-24-2013 at 07:05 AM.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #27

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

I keep 00 buckshot and slugs for home defense. My indecisiveness doesn't allow me to have decided which one I'll be using if I need to, so I have 10 of each ready

Old 07-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #28
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1758 Times on 1083 Posts
Likes Given: 9711

hq357. My grandfather, a 22 year NY State Trooper, has passed on (or at least tried to, not all of them took) several valuable pieces of wisdom to me over the 83 years he was on this side of the veil. Here are a couple to keep in mind when asking what others think regarding SD\HD situations:

Never ask what someone thinks about your stand on something if you are not sure you can handle their answer.

If a life or death situation arises, make d@mn sure that your side of the story will be the only one heard in court.

The lessons learned when we eff up stick with us the longest as they are the ones that take to quickest.

Learn from the mistakes of others. It is easier and cheaper in the long run.

Some excellent advice has ben given in this thread, not just for you (doesn't lessen your importance to us. If we didn't care, we wouldn't say what we do when these questions are asked.), but for all who click on this thread and start reading our posts. Some of us come across as azzholes, myself included at times, but the advice we give is sent with the best of intentions. No one here wants to see someone serving 25 to life for defending their family. That is why we said what we did.

I can only speak for myself in saying that if you were offended by my post, I am sorry about that. That was not my intention. My intent was to provide you with the information I could provide to try to help you stay on the legal side of things if the SHTF, and to keep you from having to learn a hard lesson for doing the right thing. Knowing some of the other members as I do, I am sure this was their intent as well. If you have more questions like the one in this thread, please ask. We will do what we can to give you the needed information to make an informed decision.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

People Like This 
Old 07-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #29

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts

Bas idea!!
You state you don't keep a round in the chamber. If the sound if you racking a round in the chamber (a well known sound) doesn't get them moving out the nearest exit, I would consider that grounds to fear for your families lives.
Also I could see an untrained individual being more apt to shoot at an inappropriate time if they know they have a less lethal round.
There is a reason law enforcement don't mix ammo in their weapons, mistakes are more likely!
Less lethal has its place, but home defense is not one of them. If there is justification to shoot, don't shoot to wound, don't fire a warning shot, if you shoot, make sure they don't get back up.
If they have a gun and you show up with less lethal, you are behind the power curve!
With that said, living in the country less lethal is a great animal deterrent.
I like turkey loads for home defense. Short shots, good target destruction, and less through wall bystander harm possibility.
Good discussion though!! Lots of opinions.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #30

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

In my house un-invited, I assume you mean to do me or mine great harm. I can't afford to think otherwise. Hence, nothing but hollow points starting at chambered round #1. I would rather make apologies at my neighbor's funeral than my kid's

Closed Thread