Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Shotgunners unite!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 02:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Shotgunners unite!

Most of my firearm aficionado friends think I’m nuts... I’m not into AR's, can't stand AK's, can't justify the need for a .308, don't need or think I will ever have to shoot anything 1000 yards away (.300 mag, .338 lapua, etc...), and I don’t care too much for pistols (aside from carry purposes).

My true pleasure is shotguns, always has been, always will be. I own 4 firearms, 3 of which eat the best cartridge/shell of all time (IMO) the 12 gauge. The 4th being my carry piece.

Shotguns are great at so many things, home defense, birds, small game, yotes, deer and other medium game (although not much past 100 yards), and good old fashioned American fun.

I just can't see why they aren't more popular for anything other than birds and HD than they are. Even the ammo is plentiful and fairly inexpensive.

All I want to know is who's with me and if you aren't, then well why the hell not? Okay I take back that last part... wouldn't want to be the laughing stock of the forum.

I confess that I have no desire to confess.

Last edited by OlPainless; 10-21-2009 at 02:51 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlPainless View Post
My true pleasure is shotguns, always has been, always will be. I own 4 firearms, 3 of which eat the best cartridge/shell of all time (IMO) the 12 gauge. The 4th being my carry piece.

Shotguns are great at so many things, home defense, birds, small game, yotes, deer and other medium game (although not much past 100 yards), and good old fashioned American fun.

I just can't see why they aren't more popular for anything other than birds and HD than they are. Even the ammo is plentiful and fairly inexpensive.

All I want to know is who's with me and if you aren't, then well why the hell not? Okay I take back that last part... wouldn't want to be the laughing stock of the forum.

Indeed.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 10-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I love shotguns as well. I live in a shotgun state for hunting. No high powered rifle for large game is allowed. That means that I use my shottys for hunting and defense. That being said, I do not like the uber tactial shottys with all the gadgets and pistol grips and folding stocks and shell holders. I have not much need for them, but that is just my opinion.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-21-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default I like them all but...

Shotguns, to me are the all around can do toy. Other than making long distance calls. Which are, next thing best to being there, if you know what I mean.

I hunt more with lead spreaders because? Well, longer seasons and more diversity of game. I also love the shotgun games with trap being my favorite even if I'm not very good at it.

I love my BPS 10 for pass shooting Geese and for Turkey hunting. Otherwise I pretty much shoot a 12 gauge SPS 870. That may be changing though because my better half is buying an 870 Youth/Women 20 gauge.

My all time favorite shotgun was a Field Grade Citori in 20 that was stolen...

Sua Sponte!

Old 10-22-2009, 12:10 AM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Wanna buy it back?

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 10-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default So you were the critter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Wanna buy it back?
Get you ass back on the History channel where you belong!

Damned grabby BigFoots anyways...

Sua Sponte!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:09 AM   #7

Sucker # 2 here. I LOVE SHOTGUNS!!!

I have 2 mossberg 590, (1)500, (1) 935 spx and a double barrel coach.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:35 AM   #8

I love shotguns, however I also love those other firearms that you stated. I think they are just meant for different purposes. I have an AK47 and have a blast shooting it. I think my favorite thing to shoot however would be my glock. I just love shooting handguns and the ammo is realativly cheap. It is also extremely easy to clean and maintain. I must say though that a shotgun is one of the most "do everything" firearm. It can kill anything for a squirl/snake or bird to something up to an elk or larger. Glad you know what you like though!

Nut up or Shut up!

Old 10-22-2009, 02:38 AM   #9

Liked 268 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I have more shotguns than rifles and pistols. When I was much younger I shot trap and skeet competively. Sporting clays now as well. All but two of my shotguns are for target the other two are for HD and Pheasant/Duck. The last year, however, I've got into 1000 Yard NRA F-O Class shooting. So the shotgun's have been not totally but somewhat silent at the sporting clay/skeet range. I did literally, just awhile ago, get my Pheasants.

It was once said or written somewhere that the shotgun is the thinking mans gun.

If all you could afford was one gun to put food on the table and for defence you cant beat a shotgun.

Last edited by mrm14; 10-22-2009 at 02:42 AM.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_black View Post
Sucker # 2 here. I LOVE SHOTGUNS!!!

I have 2 mossberg 590, (1)500, (1) 935 spx and a double barrel coach.

Is that Coach the 12 gauge, or the BP 10 model?

Sua Sponte!