Shotgun Water Foul Sight
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Shotgun Water Foul Sight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Default Shotgun Water Foul Sight

Speed Bead Sight

Alright, seen this scope (im sure there is a more technical name for this specific type of scope, though I dont know what it is) during comercials on VS channel. Iv never used one but I was writing to see if anyone here had, and see what their opinion might be on it. I figured this was ok to post under Gen. Shotgun since they dont use it on any other type of gun. Thanks!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #2

Thats pretty cool. I dont waterfowl or bird hunt, so I dont need it. But, that looks like an easy focus type deal. I think I've seen it on commercials, since I watch VS channel whenever hunting is on.

S.S.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

BigByrd I hope you buy one shoot some clay, and let us know how you like it!Be a leader

Old 08-15-2009, 01:25 AM   #4

I would but they dont make one of these for my Mossberg! If I had the money for a Remington 870 you bet I would get it and try it out though :-(

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 08-15-2009, 01:28 AM   #5

Yeah, I noticed they didnt have any for mossberg.

S.S.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:00 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Let me start by saying this, I am a quackhead. I saw the same commercial, and I could see things going horribly wrong using the sight in question. First of all, you would have to have extra batteries with you (just in case). What if its raining? What if you drop your gun in the water? You would have to leave the sight powered on during your hunt, and the birds MIGHT be able to see the red dot shining in the early hours.

I know that I haven't tried the sight, but these are MY questions about this product. If you get it and find out that it is waterproof, and has a quick power switch or pressure type switch, then I'd be all over this product.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #7

Liked 128 Times on 98 Posts

I used an optical red dot sight - a Weaver Quik Point - many moons ago. It was one of the first, if not the first, on the market. It was the greatest aid to long range shotgunning I have ever seen. I shot skeet and dove and other stuff getting used to it, but goose and duck was the goal and it worked magnificiently. I stopped because I had continual issues with the mount, it was heavy and bulky, and I don't hunt in the same environment I once did. I am still very tempted by the Speed-Bead.

What could have happened... did.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
I used an optical red dot sight - a Weaver Quik Point - many moons ago. It was one of the first, if not the first, on the market. It was the greatest aid to long range shotgunning I have ever seen. I shot skeet and dove and other stuff getting used to it, but goose and duck was the goal and it worked magnificiently. I stopped because I had continual issues with the mount, it was heavy and bulky, and I don't hunt in the same environment I once did. I am still very tempted by the Speed-Bead.
If you do please feel obligated to post and tell us how it works for you

One of the main attractions for me to this sight, is the advertised (and somewhat apparent) light weight design. It dosnt look bulky at all.

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 08-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I just want to know if the darn thing is waterproof. The website doesn't say. It answered my question about battery life, but nothing about being waterproof.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
I would but they dont make one of these for my Mossberg! If I had the money for a Remington 870 you bet I would get it and try it out though :-(
bigyrd, check out the price of that sight. that is what stopped me. you can buy a new 870 express for less than you can buy that sight for. looks like a nice sight but a tad spendy.