Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Shotgun Water Foul Sight (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/shotgun-water-foul-sight-16941/)

BigByrd47119 08-15-2009 01:08 AM

Shotgun Water Foul Sight

Speed Bead Sight

Alright, seen this scope (im sure there is a more technical name for this specific type of scope, though I dont know what it is) during comercials on VS channel. Iv never used one but I was writing to see if anyone here had, and see what their opinion might be on it. I figured this was ok to post under Gen. Shotgun since they dont use it on any other type of gun. Thanks!

Shotgun Shooter 08-15-2009 01:16 AM

Thats pretty cool. I dont waterfowl or bird hunt, so I dont need it. But, that looks like an easy focus type deal. I think I've seen it on commercials, since I watch VS channel whenever hunting is on. :)

S.S.

R-BOLT 08-15-2009 01:22 AM

BigByrd I hope you buy one shoot some clay, and let us know how you like it!Be a leader

BigByrd47119 08-15-2009 01:25 AM

I would but they dont make one of these for my Mossberg! If I had the money for a Remington 870 you bet I would get it and try it out though :-(

Shotgun Shooter 08-15-2009 01:28 AM

Yeah, I noticed they didnt have any for mossberg. :(

S.S.

suprdave 08-15-2009 01:00 PM

Let me start by saying this, I am a quackhead. I saw the same commercial, and I could see things going horribly wrong using the sight in question. First of all, you would have to have extra batteries with you (just in case). What if its raining? What if you drop your gun in the water? You would have to leave the sight powered on during your hunt, and the birds MIGHT be able to see the red dot shining in the early hours.

I know that I haven't tried the sight, but these are MY questions about this product. If you get it and find out that it is waterproof, and has a quick power switch or pressure type switch, then I'd be all over this product.

Virginian 08-16-2009 09:20 AM

I used an optical red dot sight - a Weaver Quik Point - many moons ago. It was one of the first, if not the first, on the market. It was the greatest aid to long range shotgunning I have ever seen. I shot skeet and dove and other stuff getting used to it, but goose and duck was the goal and it worked magnificiently. I stopped because I had continual issues with the mount, it was heavy and bulky, and I don't hunt in the same environment I once did. I am still very tempted by the Speed-Bead.

BigByrd47119 08-16-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginian (Post 145360)
I used an optical red dot sight - a Weaver Quik Point - many moons ago. It was one of the first, if not the first, on the market. It was the greatest aid to long range shotgunning I have ever seen. I shot skeet and dove and other stuff getting used to it, but goose and duck was the goal and it worked magnificiently. I stopped because I had continual issues with the mount, it was heavy and bulky, and I don't hunt in the same environment I once did. I am still very tempted by the Speed-Bead.

If you do please feel obligated to post and tell us how it works for you :D

One of the main attractions for me to this sight, is the advertised (and somewhat apparent) light weight design. It dosnt look bulky at all.

suprdave 08-16-2009 05:55 PM

I just want to know if the darn thing is waterproof. The website doesn't say. It answered my question about battery life, but nothing about being waterproof.

keymastr5912 08-18-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 (Post 144627)
I would but they dont make one of these for my Mossberg! If I had the money for a Remington 870 you bet I would get it and try it out though :-(

bigyrd, check out the price of that sight. that is what stopped me. you can buy a new 870 express for less than you can buy that sight for. looks like a nice sight but a tad spendy.:)