Shotgun Receivers?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Shotgun Receivers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 02:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Shotgun Receivers?

Hi im new to this forum and not sure if this is the right catagory for this thread but oh well...
I am left handed and have wanted a left handed semi 12ga. I have looked around and have found that the few you do come across are $$$$$. I was just wondering if it were possible to buy a "left handed" reciver already assembled and piece together the rest(stock barrle ect.). If so where could i purchase one(website preferably).

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

remington and benelli are about it for lefty shotguns. i would skip the remington. my dad bought a new remington semi and hates it. its been back to remington twice. i finally fixed it for him back in december. the piston was rough and needed polishing. other than that it shoots but its pretty cheaply made. save for a benelli they currently make realy sweet lefty montifeltros. its pricey but they are nice as hell.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #3

Liked 154 Times on 116 Posts

Remington has made left handed versions in the past, so I would look for a used one of those. I have been shooting right handed versions for 47 years with no issues. If you like Benellis, have at it, but no way do I think they are worth anywhere near what they want for them, plus I don't like the feel or the recoil. Proof that marketing does work however.
You can't buy just a receiver, because a lot of other parts are different too. Some people shoot a right handed gun and just swap the safety over.

What could have happened... did.

Last edited by Virginian; 01-26-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9421 Times on 4059 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Get a sxs or and O/U with a tang safety- then left/right don't matter.......

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #5

Thanks for all your answers.