Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Shotgun price?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 02:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
VazDaGoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 122
Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts

Default Shotgun price?

How much does a used mossberg go for? I'm looking for a cheap shotgun but I don't want it to be a peace of sh*t. My budget is about 300-350 bucks. Can anyone please help?

__________________
VazDaGoon is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 05-30-2013, 02:56 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,179
Liked 20859 Times on 11857 Posts
Likes Given: 52397

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VazDaGoon View Post
How much does a used mossberg go for? I'm looking for a cheap shotgun but I don't want it to be a peace of sh*t. My budget is about 300-350 bucks. Can anyone please help?
question. do you want a cheap shotgun or an inexpensive one? huge difference.

unless prices are hugely inflated in your area, i don't see why you couldn't get a Mossberg 500 for that amount.

might also browse the gun stores and pawn shops in your area for good used shotguns.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:16 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
VazDaGoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 122
Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

question. do you want a cheap shotgun or an inexpensive one? huge difference.

unless prices are hugely inflated in your area, i don't see why you couldn't get a Mossberg 500 for that amount.

might also browse the gun stores and pawn shops in your area for good used shotguns.
Inexpensive* sorry. I actually want the 500. My cousin bought his new for 400 bucks total. I figured if I only have 300 bucks I can possibly buy a used one. I'm new to shotguns so I'm not sure. I called dicks sporting goods and their prices were also about 400-450 for a new one.
__________________
VazDaGoon is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:17 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Anna_Purna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,238
Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Default

Not sure where you are at, but you can easily find a brand new Mossberg persuader type shotgun for about 300-330 dollars around here.

__________________
Anna_Purna is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Anna_Purna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,238
Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Default

Places like slickguns.com always has sales on mossbergs. Here is one from a week ago. 299.00 on Ebay you can get a stock for 20-50 dollars on average. Get a FFL dealer to do the transfer and 20 dollars more
can get you one.

http://www.slickguns.com/product/mossberg-persuader-8-shot-pistol-grip

__________________
Anna_Purna is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,179
Liked 20859 Times on 11857 Posts
Likes Given: 52397

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VazDaGoon View Post
Inexpensive* sorry. I actually want the 500. My cousin bought his new for 400 bucks total. I figured if I only have 300 bucks I can possibly buy a used one. I'm new to shotguns so I'm not sure. I called dicks sporting goods and their prices were also about 400-450 for a new one.
check out the Maverick M88 shotguns. made by Mossberg and almost identical to the M500 and priced much lower than the M500. very good inexpensive shotgun. not quite as pretty as some of the others, but very reliable and functional. i have one and it's my second one so far. wouldn't hesitate in buying another one.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:21 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 820
Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VazDaGoon View Post

Inexpensive* sorry. I actually want the 500. My cousin bought his new for 400 bucks total. I figured if I only have 300 bucks I can possibly buy a used one. I'm new to shotguns so I'm not sure. I called dicks sporting goods and their prices were also about 400-450 for a new one.
I wouldn't rule out buying a used shotgun, I would just read up on what to look for in a used gun, even if you end up buying a new one. Either way it's valuable information in general. The Mossberg is a fine choice.
__________________
95sniper is online now  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:22 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
VazDaGoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 122
Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna
Not sure where you are at, but you can easily find a brand new Mossberg persuader type shotgun for about 300-330 dollars around here.
I'm in PA. Berks county.
__________________
VazDaGoon is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:24 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
VazDaGoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 122
Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

check out the Maverick M88 shotguns. made by Mossberg and almost identical to the M500 and priced much lower than the M500. very good inexpensive shotgun. not quite as pretty as some of the others, but very reliable and functional. i have one and it's my second one so far. wouldn't hesitate in buying another one.
At the risk of sounding picky, would I be able to effectively hunt turkey with the M88, what's the difference besides looks, and will I be able to buy a new one given my budget? Sorry
__________________
VazDaGoon is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:27 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Anna_Purna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,238
Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VazDaGoon View Post
I'm in PA. Berks county.
Check on places like Gun Genie to find an FFL dealer in your area who does Transfers. Depending on the state, you may or may not have to pay taxes. Out here its state sales tax is free. So the price you see on a gun over the internet is the price, plus about 15 to 20 dollars for a dealer to handle the paper work. No sales tax is great. And many places like buds guns, etc, pay the shipping on the gun.
__________________
Anna_Purna is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Shotgun Scabbards or shotgun rigs or.... Dr. Marneaus General Shotgun Discussion 13 01-03-2013 09:05 PM
price? gunguy1997 1911 Forum 6 03-24-2012 04:14 AM
Price Check Remington 11 - 87 Semi Auto 12 Gauge Shotgun tanksboard General Shotgun Discussion 0 06-11-2011 10:49 PM
Help getting a good price on a new (or used) shotgun tw1012 General Shotgun Discussion 2 02-04-2011 12:19 PM
How to turn Security Shotgun into Upland Bird Hunter's Shotgun? sausn2002 General Shotgun Discussion 8 09-23-2009 09:02 PM



Newest Threads