Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Shotgun mythbusting chapter two video

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
The_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 564
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
The _Kid: You feel the way you feel, good for you….who cares.
Obviously, you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
Why are you so argumentative?
This is a discussion forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
Would you prefer to see the world just hip shoot shotguns? Is this your mission in life you seem so adamant about?
Straw-man....
Since you don't understand the term...
Quote:
Fallacy: Straw Man

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
Anyone ever show you how to properly clear a stuck hull from a pump shotgun?
You watched it happen in seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
You should be embarrassed to post that video, it personally leaves me wonder why the hell I watched it…..
You've provided absolutely nothing to support that conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
proves nothing……
Wrong again. It proves that in a self defense situation, one doesn't need to "aim" a shotgun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
I do like your leaf spring target though, you do win the cooler target pissing match
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
Before you call me a straw man , tin man ,Marlboro man or someone’s ally save it… I am neither, I think you both are equally lame…..grown men arguing over youtube videos…..be proud
That is correct, you are not a straw-man, you merely use a "straw-man" argument... twice, the above is also a straw-man.

P.S. I know you're embarrassed.
__________________
...nuff said.

Last edited by The_Kid; 06-18-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: clairification
The_Kid is offline  
 
Old 06-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CHLChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 2,523
Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default

Darn!! Now I just want a Benelli M4... Now, how to get $1500.

__________________
.45acp, .40 S&W, 9mm, .38 Spl, .380 acp, 22lr
12 gauge, .223/5.56x45mm, 30-30 Winchester


2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
CHLChris is offline  
 
Old 06-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TimL2952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lockport,New York
Posts: 1,324
Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Default

I "shoot from the hip" every now and then when I shoot clays...gettin pretty good at it..HOWEVER..it's not really from the hip.

I tuck the but under my arm in the arm pit and on my forward hand I point my finger down range at my target. Hold on tight, focus on the target HARD, and pull the trigger....better than rambo from LOW hip.

__________________
TimL2952 is offline  
 
Old 06-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TimL2952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lockport,New York
Posts: 1,324
Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Default

Man...oil700, you should take an intro to philosophy and logic course...it will work wonders with your arguments..



Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
Obviously, you do.


This is a discussion forum.


Straw-man....
Since you don't understand the term...



You watched it happen in seconds.


You've provided absolutely nothing to support that conclusion.


Wrong again. It proves that in a self defense situation, one doesn't need to "aim" a shotgun.


Thank you!


That is correct, you are not a straw-man, you merely use a "straw-man" argument... twice, the above is also a straw-man.

P.S. I know you're embarrassed.
__________________
TimL2952 is offline  
 
Old 06-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
The_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 564
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Yo, The_Kid, do you just have a lot of extra time on your hands?
You guys just can't get over the thinly veiled insults.


Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
What you're claiming is that since you can successfully shoot from the hip, that, in general, aiming is a poor idea?
And you guys can't get over the straw-man arguments.

Amsdorf claimed that one must aim a shotgun at self defense ranges. Which you well know.
I have proven that claim to be false. Which you also know well, hence the straw-man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
You must be young, because you haven't become acquainted with Murphy's Law, or humility, yet.
Another thinly veiled insult.
__________________
...nuff said.

Last edited by The_Kid; 06-18-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: fixed quote
The_Kid is offline  
 
Old 06-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,510
Liked 2439 Times on 1389 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
Another thinly veiled insult.
So, whatever anyone says to you, it's an "insult".

Here's some ADVICE:

PM me, and I'll really insult you.

THEN you'll know the difference...
__________________
therewolf is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gmaster456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 485
Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post


Another thinly veiled insult.
You must be a very sensitive person. Because you view everything that's not rainbows and sunshine as an insult.

Sorry if I offended you.....
__________________
"Those that would trade essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security."-Ben Franklin

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity
gmaster456 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
The_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 564
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456 View Post
You must be a very sensitive person. Because you view everything that's not rainbows and sunshine as an insult.

Sorry if I offended you.....
You are incapable.
__________________
...nuff said.
The_Kid is offline  
 
Old 06-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,371
Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Why in the hell would anyone want to hip shoot in a SD or HD situation anyways? Maybe if the BG is 2ft away from you about to end your existance and time is vital, but pray and spray isnt a smart idea when your life is on the line

__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is online now  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
The_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 564
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
So, whatever anyone says to you, it's an "insult".

Here's some ADVICE:

PM me, and I'll really insult you.

THEN you'll know the difference...
Fallacy: Ad Hominem
Quote:
An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:
That was exactly what you did.

You might be able to fool a handful of the yes men here, but you're outclassed by leaps and bounds when it comes to debate. This is why you two have yet again strayed away from the topic. You are incapable of debate as well.
__________________
...nuff said.
The_Kid is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
You Don't Have to Aim a Shotgun Mythbusting VIDEO Amsdorf General Shotgun Discussion 139 06-15-2012 02:47 AM
Tactical Shotgun Philosophy Video tCan General Shotgun Discussion 1 09-20-2011 12:26 AM
Shotgun reloading video Gatekeeper Competition Shooting 6 01-02-2011 06:42 AM



Newest Threads