Which Shotgun To Get - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Which Shotgun To Get

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 03:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner
CZ USA builds a nice over and under for around $500. Check their web page here CZ-USA -> Hunting & Sporting Firearms and Accessories

I especially like the Mallard:
Define "nice". Any O/U less than $1000 bucks new will prove to be deficient in many areas. Mostly, reliability, durability and fit and finish. You're much better off with an autoloader such as a Beretta 3901...

Old 11-17-2011, 03:36 AM   #12

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugo View Post
Define "nice". Any O/U less than $1000 bucks new will prove to be deficient in many areas. Mostly, reliability, durability and fit and finish. You're much better off with an autoloader such as a Beretta 3901...
It is an entry level O/U, intended for those who don't want to pay up into the thousands for a shotgun. I agree with those who recommended the semi autos, I shot a Remington 1100 and a Winchester Model 1897 when I was younger and they were virtually indestructible, although not always reliable.

I have friends who have purchased CZ shotguns and have shot hell out of them with no issues.

What have you heard about these, other than they are made in Turkey?

The least expensive Beretta O/U starts around $2000, their semi auto 3901 at $1000.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:17 AM   #13

Benellis are recoil operated. there is no recoil reduction like a gas gun. they are also a bit on the light side.. I would expect them to take a lot out of you at a trap range. great dead reliable guns, but I think you might get beat up by one. Also ask a simple question.. Why dont i see morre of them on the trap line???

Old 11-17-2011, 07:52 AM   #14

Liked 186 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Unclebear,

In your photo, who are you aiming the muzzle at? (I was never any good at over the shoulder shots)
ya it's pointing into the open woods with a empty shell stuck in the chamber (Since have fixed the extractor). We were out in BF Egypt when my sister took that pic after a weekend of camping.

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 11-17-2011, 08:23 AM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugo View Post
no it's not a $2500-3000 Citori or Perazzi or some of those other fancy shotguns, but it gets the job done, and it's fit and finish aren't bad IMO. not everyone can afford expensive shotguns and not everyone will shoot competitions with them. people will tend to buy what they can afford or need. i don't have a need for a $2500 plus shotgun, but wouldn't mind having one or two.
camo-guns-shotguns-025.jpg   camo-guns-shotguns-038.jpg  

Old 11-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #16

Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Wow!

There have been a lot of great posts in this thread. Two really hit home with me. Price isn't a huge issue to me, but it just makes sense not to go right to the top when I'm a beginner at this. Regardless, I want a SBS and O/U at some point. But I don't want to cheap out and I know that a good O/U is going to be at least $1,000.

I'm going to go with a Beretta 3901. I'm going to start looking for a used one.

Thanks for all the help everyone!