Shells for a 10 guage Damascus Double
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Shells for a 10 guage Damascus Double

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Shells for a 10 guage Damascus Double

Anyone out there shooting black powder loads for the older damascus barreled doubles? I'm looking for a source for brass, loading equipment, and load data if it's available. I'd also like to know if there is a source for preloaded ammunition.

Thanks in advance

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default /

I have a Damascus barreled L.C. Smith 12 gauge S x S that a friend loads shells with Pyrodex RS for me. He uses his regular 12 gauge set up with no problem but always uses 7½ or 8 shot. Always low brass hulls. My gunsmith tells me that he could get me preloaded black powder shells if I want them. I will check with him and get back to you with the information.

A gun is like a wife. If you can't love the one you have get a divorce from it and go find one you can lovel

Old 10-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've been interested in shooting this one after having it Zyglo'd and with the right loads. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/my-wilmot-15929/

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 10-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #4

It is funny you are looking for this. Can't help ya, but I just found a hull that was given to me by an old friend of mine. He was shooting an OLD PARKER side by side, 8 ga. and had to have the shells custom milled, that's right I said milled out of solid brass bar stock. FULL length all brass hulls engraved on the head stamp PARKER 8 Bore. had 1,000 made all hand loaded with pyradex and shot with felt wads. REAL old time crap. that thing was a blast to shoot on a 5 stand. looked like we were burning tires with all the smoke it pumped out.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:48 PM   #5

You probably found this, but here is a link to a BP reloading page. Black Powder Shotgun Shells

I have an old Marlin 1898 SG, rated for BP, that has an 2 1/2 inch chamber that I want to load for. It looks like loading for BP in undersized hulls may be easier than loading for a modern SG.

Somewhere I found a suggestion to make shells by cutting down plastic hulls, instead of buying brass ones. I'm thinking about trying this if I ever get this thing to the point where I want to shoot it.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #6

Liked 79 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I cut down plastic shells but if you just want brass. Magtech Brass Shotgun Shells - Black Powder Cartridge / Cowboy Gun / Obsolete Caliber / Military Gun

After taking a closer look I didn't see 10 gauge tho they may have them. This place has them tho. http://gadcustomcartridges.com/

Last edited by Hawg; 11-06-2010 at 08:43 AM.