Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > scope recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Cubicle LVW-2a43E,Burrokratic republic of michigan, rock #3
Default scope recommendations

I have a H & R slugger rifled shotgun. Got a bunch of Winchester 400 grain 2000 FPS sabot slugs that produeced one hole groups at 100 yards. grouped so well I purchased a bunch of them. They also rattle the fillings outa your head too!

It also craized the recticle on my simmons 1.5x6x20 scope. put the old tasco reddot on it to get through deer season and it poped the back lens off when I got the buck. Reddot still works without the rear lens but this is one hard recoiling shotgun/slug combo.

Who else has a very hard recoiling rifle/shotgun and what scope do you have on it that has not crumbled under the recoil. dont want to put a expensive scope on it and I want a variable with a 1.5 or 2 power lower magnifacation on it.

Your recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Cranky

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 298 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I've got a H&R Ultra Slug in 12 gauge with the heavy barrel. It doesn't recoil as bad as my FIL's 870 with the same slugs. I'm shooting Lightfields through mine and I have shot as many as 15 in a row and not complained about the recoil.

Anyway to the point, I've got a Center Point 2x7-40 with the red/green illuminated reticle on mine. It was around $70 at Wal-Mart. I've probably shot the gun upwards of 50 times with that scope on it and haven't had a problem yet. Fingers crossed.