scatter gun sports
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > scatter gun sports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 03:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Default scatter gun sports

how about some input on the shotgun sports. trap, skeet ,sporting clays ect or are you all just into defence and assalt guns?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-06-2011, 03:19 AM   #2

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

How about some Urban Skeet?

urban-skeet.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #3

Liked 154 Times on 116 Posts

I like skeet and sporting clays, but I find trap boring. With trap you have to have the concentration and discipline to runs hundreds of rounds straight to win. But, any kind of shooting beats none.

What could have happened... did.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:25 AM   #4

Liked 327 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Kind of like the Beretta AL391 field / target 12 ga. with a 28" barrel I have now for skeet. It's got a good balance to it and is a pretty good gas gun for trap and skeet games. Have a older Mossberg 500 12 ga. with 34" barrel but like the gas gun better for the trap and skeet games.

Would like to get the new Browning 625 Citori XS Skeet model as years ago I had a Citori 425 which worked out extremely well for me when it came to skeet. I really miss the feel of a O/U shotgun and only have gas and pump shotguns now.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:29 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I love skeet and trap shooting. So far they're my favorite shooting sport, and I began my interest in shooting with going to a family skeet shooting event.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-07-2011, 12:36 AM   #6

Liked 327 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
I love skeet and trap shooting. So far they're my favorite shooting sport, and I began my interest in shooting with going to a family skeet shooting event.
You know the same here in regards as the most fun shooting sport I've ever done.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:12 AM   #7

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Default sports

i might agree with virginian when i can run 100 strt if i cant beat it it aint boreing but sporting clays are the most fun ! shoot beretta 680 series my self(12 and 20) .Best club you have shot?my self bushycreek in perdido al (local) all time the willows tunica ms

Old 07-07-2011, 01:56 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I love small bore skeet using both 410 and 28 gauge guns. We have a foot operated trap which I use to practice every chance I get. At 75 my eyes aren't as good as they once were but even though it has been years since I have had a clean round I still get out and do my thing. As far as the tricked out plastic stocked guns that most who post here seem to be in love with I wouldn't let one on my property. If it isn't blue steel and walnut stocked, preferably break action, I don't consider it a shotgun just a testosterone replacement for Rambo want-to-be fools.

A gun is like a wife. If you can't love the one you have get a divorce from it and go find one you can lovel

Old 07-07-2011, 02:07 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walley View Post
I love small bore skeet using both 410 and 28 gauge guns. We have a foot operated trap which I use to practice every chance I get. At 75 my eyes aren't as good as they once were but even though it has been years since I have had a clean round I still get out and do my thing. As far as the tricked out plastic stocked guns that most who post here seem to be in love with I wouldn't let one on my property. If it isn't blue steel and walnut stocked, preferably break action, I don't consider it a shotgun just a testosterone replacement for Rambo want-to-be fools.
I couldn't agree more. Nothing compares to wood and steel. I like my polymer firearms, but I love my wood and steel firearms just as much probably a lot more even.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #10

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walley View Post
As far as the tricked out plastic stocked guns that most who post here seem to be in love with I wouldn't let one on my property. If it isn't blue steel and walnut stocked, preferably break action, I don't consider it a shotgun just a testosterone replacement for Rambo want-to-be fools.
Walley, why don't you tell us how you really feel about those plastic fantastics.

I guess asking you for your opinion about the KSG is out of the question.
ksg.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello