Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Sawed off Shotgun

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 04:44 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
If you are going to make a sawed off shotgun, do you basically just take a saw and saw off part of the barrel? At what point is the best place to start sawing?
Chainsaw...

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 AM   #12
SoL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Our laws in NZ stipulate that any weapon with a length of 72cm or less shall be classified as a pistol, which requires an additional endorsement on top of your standard firearms license.

I sawed a Baikal .410 shotgun down to JUST above that.

It's basically bollocks useless, I mean, it's a .410 shotgun for Pete's sake.
I didn't know that when I bought it, didn't realize that 410 was a calibre and thought it was the model name/number of the shotgun itself. I was naturally very disappointed when my 12ga shells wouldn't fit, and hence turned it into a 'just for fun' single shot pistol type weapon.
It's just got such spread and the wussy pitifulness that is the .410 that it's basically good for nothing other than possums in trees or rabbits that have already been wounded.

We don't take it out much, 'sawed off shotgun' just has negative and criminal connotations that it's just not worth the attention.

Lucky it was only $80 so I wasn't too angry about the mixup.

obviously it was one of my first firearm purchases and have since purchased several various 12 gauges

If you are gonna use a shotgun, make it worth it. 12ga!

Closed Thread