Savage 350 12 gauge for clays?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Savage 350 12 gauge for clays?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Savage 350 12 gauge for clays?

I'm looking to buy a shotgun for trap and skeet. I'm looking into the savage 350 12 gauge. It's a good price and it feels comfortable. The rem 870 is not much more on price but I really like the savage. Anyone have any opinion on this for clays. I've shot clays once and had a lot of fun and I was doing it with a mossberg 500. I done really good with it. This one old man was giving me a little attitude cause he had this really nice o/u and I was busting more than he was. Lol.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

whatever fits you is the one to get...

Old 04-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugo View Post
whatever fits you is the one to get...
making sure a gun fits you is probably the most important thing, along with can you move the action comfortably, safety location is comfortable for you. Ect.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Old 04-01-2012, 03:06 AM   #4

If that's what you like, go for it. That gun is very similar to the Ithaca Model 37. My advice, for what it's worth, would be to get an auto or an O/U if you are going to be a serious trap, skeet, or sporting clays shooter. You may be very good with a pump, but I know that you will always pick up an extra bird or two per round if shooting somthing other than a pump. Pumps are fine for hunting, and I use the Benelli Nova for ducks, but for any of the clays games, I always use an O/U. I am speaking from experience. I don't mean to boast and I wouldn't even bring it up other than to show that I know what I am talking about, but I am the 2006 bronze medalist and the 2007 gold medalist winner of the Florida State Games, skeet division, 55 and older.
If you mainly want the Savage for hunting and occasional clays shooting, then go for it. If you want to be a serious competitive shooter, there are more suitable guns.
cottontop

Old 04-02-2012, 02:57 AM   #5

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 78

the pump gun is fine for american trap but for other games with doubles save some more and get a good auto or ou

Old 04-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #6

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 246

As long as it fits you and YOU like it.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity