Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Saiga shotguns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 01:25 AM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beltfedboy View Post
Hi their Saiga 12 head!!

I just brought my Saiga 12 in from Florida and this is how I did it legally.

I contacted Jay's Guns and accessories in Florida - This guy is all over the GunsAmerica - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H website. I told Jay I would take a saiga 12 but that I needed him to do me a fovor before he shipped it. I had him put the five round factory mag in and then had him put a hose clamp around the trigger guard and the mag release and tighten it. This makes the shotgun a fixed mag so it is cal legal to ship and had him sent it to my FFL in the San Gabriel Valley, CA. 10 days is up saterday, cant wait!! Once I get the Saiga home and find me a bullet button, then I will take off the hose claimp and install the bullet button at that time. This saves some out of state guy from getting all freaked out on everything. Make it as simple as possible for him and things work out.

You just need to have a good Brave FFL here who knows enough about the laws that he is not all afraid and scared like many of these panty waist FFLs. If only the read the laws they would know.

Any way hope that helps
Beltfedboy
You my good sir, are a god among men.

Much thanks Beltfed! You anywhere near Redding? I owe you a beer of ten for that tip.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.