Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   saiga 12 i need some serious advice (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/saiga-12-i-need-some-serious-advice-75355/)

Ultimate_sig 10-30-2012 10:48 PM

saiga 12 i need some serious advice

Ok ive invested alot into my saiga with conversions and parts and its still having trouble cycling. I polished the bolt and puc. I got the tac 47 plug, chaos rails, kicklite stock, eotech, liggt, laser, trigger conversion, mags and drums. I don't know if i should sell my set up and start all over or get this one fixed, ive already invested alot in it. what do yall think

Axxe55 10-30-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig (Post 995964)
Ok ive invested alot into my saiga with conversions and parts and its still having trouble cycling. I polished the bolt and puc. I got the tac 47 plug, chaos rails, kicklite stock, eotech, liggt, laser, trigger conversion, mags and drums. I don't know if i should sell my set up and start all over or get this one fixed, ive already invested alot in it. what do yall think

and you think someone will give top dollar for a shotgun that doesn't cycle properly irregardless of all the extras you have put on it?

did it function fine before you started modifying it? seems as maybe some of the modifications might have altered how it cycles.

either take a loss and start over, or start putting it back stock and see if the problem clears up. or try some different ammo.

Ultimate_sig 10-30-2012 10:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 67151

Attachment 67152

Ultimate_sig 10-30-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55

and you think someone will give top dollar for a shotgun that doesn't cycle properly irregardless of all the extras you have put on it?

did it function fine before you started modifying it? seems as maybe some of the modifications might have altered how it cycles.

either take a loss and start over, or start putting it back stock and see if the problem clears up. or try some different ammo.

Tried three diffrent types, it cycled the top dollar stuff but not the cheap stuff. Its allways been like that. I should have clarified it cycles but not the low stuff. Saigas are said to be picky in the ammo. It really only likes high brass

Axxe55 10-30-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig (Post 995983)
Tried three diffrent types, it cycled the top dollar stuff but not the cheap stuff. Its allways been like that. I should have clarified it cycles but not the low stuff. Saigas are said to be picky in the ammo. It really only likes high brass

then quit trying to be a cheapskate and buy what works. :rolleyes:

Ultimate_sig 10-30-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

then quit trying to be a cheapskate and buy what works. :rolleyes:

Well i wanted it to be able to cycle any type of ammo i also wantes to go trap shooting with it and you can only use bird ahot. Its not about being cheap, i have alot of buck

Axxe55 10-30-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig (Post 995996)
Well i wanted it to be able to cycle any type of ammo i also wantes to go trap shooting with it and you can only use bird ahot. Its not about being cheap, i have alot of buck

trap shooting with a tactical Saiga 12? :rolleyes: yeah those older trap shooters will love you.:rolleyes:

did you know about it not being able to cycle the cheaper ammo before or after spending all the money on the extras and modifying the shotgun?

Ultimate_sig 10-30-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

trap shooting with a tactical Saiga 12? :rolleyes: yeah those older trap shooters will love you.:rolleyes:

did you know about it not being able to cycle the cheaper ammo before or after spending all the money on the extras and modifying the shotgun?

I knew but thats why i bought the plug, i read and talked to people that have told me it is pissible

hoovco 10-31-2012 12:09 AM

Try getting a reduced power mainspring. That helps a lot with cycling low brass.

hoovco 10-31-2012 12:11 AM

It could be your mag too ... If your stock mag works and cycles well, but aftermarket mags won't, you might have to hit your mag with a file.