You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Saiga 12 for HD?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 304 Times on 232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cobra
They are right about the d.a but as far as the jury that wouldn't make sense. How could me having an "assault shotgun" make any difference as far as who is right ad who is wrong? It wouldn't. If someone breaks into my house and means me harm it wouldn't matter what I used.

That's why we have the castle doctrine. Doesn't matter what weapon is used if its in your own home.

And like others have said, makes for a good zombie gun.

I wouldn't plan on using a full 20 rounds on someone and realistically probably wouldn't use a drum at all because of the weight.
They just tend to freak out when we have more advanced weapons than the LEO's. Self defiance is self defiance and it dose not matter if you shoot them in the head or the foot. It is still considered use of deadly force. But when you
Start using guns more advanced than a flint lock. They won't to know why you have it and what the intended reason for owning a "deadly gun loaded with deadly ammo" was for.

Instead of asking questions like what was the reason for shooting?
Was you or your family in danger?
Did you feels our life was in danger?
Like they should
They are going to ask why do you have such a big gun?
Why do you need something like this?
And if it was me on the stand I would most likely say something to git me thrown in the big house. Like why the f*** dose it matter why I have it. Bc its 2012 and we don't use muskets and pitch forks. It's not my fault y'all are to damn cheep to by the Leo some good hardware.
I would also point out that the Leo was admiring the gun and stating they wish they had one. Like they would be doing.

I personally know Leo's in mobile that keep there personal ar's and other weapons in there patrol car. If you ask them why they take it. They will probably something like its better then the crap
they give us. But nobody will question them if they use theres.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #22

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Instead of asking questions like what was the reason for shooting?
Was you or your family in danger?
Did you feels our life was in danger?
Like they should

They are going to ask why do you have such a big gun?
Why do you need something like this?
Can you show us any facts in this regard please?

Old 06-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Can you show us any facts in this regard please?
How did i know you was going to say something like that. Never said it was a fact. I would just imagine that a liberal minded person would act like that in a situation like this.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #24

When it all comes down to it tho like I said self defiance is self defiance. It dose not mater if you use a saiga or a old single shot. If you are in the right your ok.

JUST SAYING some anti gun jack a$$ is going to be saying I don't see why people need those kind of weapons.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2928 Times on 1723 Posts

You're right. If your in the middle of a court case for a self defense shooting you bet the gun is gonna come up. How's it gonna look to a jury of anti-gunners when the prosecuter asks what was the gun you used? And you answer something along the lines of say 'the judge'. You bet your a$$ its gonna go over like a wet fart in church.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #26
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22401 Times on 12496 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

in the cases of HD/SD shootings, and the BG gets himself dead, there could be some liberal thinking prosecutors who are anti gunners and might use the idea of the type of firearm or ammo you used to defend yourself against you in court. i look at it this way, if an intruder breaks into my home, he gets to play by the house rules, my house my rules! i get to choose the firearm and ammo that suits my needs of staying vertical and him to leave horizontally. he made a choice to break into a home that has gunowners and that are willing to use them. an intruder is an uninvited person in your home, there to do bad things to you or your family and i see no reason to give them a fair fight or an even playing field. the only thing that is fair to me is, i win and he loses.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #27

But in the end if all goes like it should. You will be ok It dose not matter what kind of gun or ammo you use. But it will set off the anti gun crowd.

If I'm not mistaken bill 2165 allows the use of even an illegal possessed firearm in a home invasion.
Which obama opposed. But thin agin I am new to all this legal stuff and politicks so I don't under stand 1/2 of what I read.
image-968842501.jpg  

Old 06-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #28

You guys keep saying the same things:

"...some anti gun jack a$$ is going to be saying I don't see why people need those kind of weapons."

"How's it gonna look to a jury of anti-gunners when the prosecuter asks what was the gun you used? And you answer something along the lines of say 'the judge'."

"...there could be some liberal thinking prosecutors who are anti gunners and might use the idea of the type of firearm or ammo you used to defend yourself against you in court."

Please, anyone, show us WHERE this has been done and whether it impacted a case. Otherwise, why do we keep spewing the same internet junk and cautioning people to make decisions based on unsubstantiated, internet parroted, lore? Just stop it.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #29

We did not say it was going to impact the case. We just said that it would be mentioned by anti gunners.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #30

LOL OK, just show us examples where it has come up in court, whether or not it affected the outcome, and therefore why our readers should take note and exercise caution.