Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Rossi Tuffy .410 question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Rossi Tuffy .410 question

I am looking for a small light shotgun to keep in the trunk when I travel into states that won't honor my Indiana carry license. This shotgun is similar to the old snake charmer, looks almost the same. I can't see where it says anything about accepting mags. Any help with info would be appreciated.

Vendor www.richards-guns.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #2

Default Some photos of the Rossi Tuffy 410

Took a few photos of my new 410 shotgun. Breaks down to less than 20" X 4" for travel. Looking forward to shooting it soon. Bought some OOO 3" shells for PP and some #4 for playing around with targets.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

I just bought the youth 410/22 combo last week for my son and me to use as a truck tractor gun. As you know this thing weighs as much as a feather. It is kinda cheesy but does what it does what it supposed to do go Bang when you pull the trigger, I do really like it tho for walking around squirrel and bunny getter. The trigger is not bad at all and the 22 is drilled and tapped for scope and is fairly accurate with open sights. The 410 is something else,,, I shot some 3in #5's and 4 rounds of 2 1/2 410 slugs , soda can accurate out to 25yrds with the front bead sight with slugs . The only thing i had go wrong is when i bought and cleaned the gun just make sure to clean really well down in the extractor of the barrel as mine wouldn't extract after the 4th slug. At first i thought i broke it but after getting home and using a ram rod i saw a whole lota gunk in there. Cleaned it out and lubed it and it looks ok. With sluge recoil aint bad but with 3in she'll got your attention cause of its light weight. All and all it's not a bad little gun. Hope you enjoy. O.D.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #4

I bought it so when I go to New York State and Illinois where I can't bring a handgun I have something to offer a little protection and it doesn't take up a lot of space. I am getting the old BS from the guys on my Indiana Gun Forum that it is a kids toy and not worth a dime for protection but I think the 000 shot I have will get someones attention. People compare the 410 with the 22 shell but there have been a lot of people killed with both.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Kids toy hell !!! Ask you buddy to start at 25 yrds with a rock and club, Okay give him some advantage say a brick or bat and come at ya with the 410 kids gun and see what happens. Every person i know has the same allergy and that is PAIN !!! . Then while he is in the hurt stage if that doesn't stop him either re-load or club the crap out of him. Even if more than one all ya gotta do is ask Who wants to get shot first.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #6

Hi Michiana .................. OldYeager here

Nice looking gun rig. I'm a 410 fan. Kinda thought about buying a rig like yours. Whatsit cost? Anyways, I think it should do for PP anywheres.

I just bought (replaced) a 410 into my collection. Gave my old single shot to my daughter and son-in-law for home defence. I bought a Mossberg 500 Pump 410 Fieldgun. Looks OK and holds up to 6 shells. I bought a couple boxes of Winchester 000 buck (3 x .36 caliber lead balls) but havent tested for pattern yet. Definately for home defence. But I have no problen using #4 Duck/Turkey shot for HD either. At HD ranges (less than 50 feet or so) the #4s will take care of business.

Best Regards

NRA Member

Old 10-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #7

Default check my web site for this gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldYeager View Post

Nice looking gun rig. I'm a 410 fan. Kinda thought about buying a rig like yours. Whatsit cost? Anyways, I think it should do for PP anywheres.

I just bought (replaced) a 410 into my collection. Gave my old single shot to my daughter and son-in-law for home defence. I bought a Mossberg 500 Pump 410 Fieldgun. Looks OK and holds up to 6 shells. I bought a couple boxes of Winchester 000 buck (3 x .36 caliber lead balls) but havent tested for pattern yet. Definately for home defence. But I have no problen using #4 Duck/Turkey shot for HD either. At HD ranges (less than 50 feet or so) the #4s will take care of business.

Best Regards
I bought the Tuffy to take with me when I go into states that will not allow me to bring a hangun with my Indiana License. This breaks down to a 19" length and I bought a nice little case at Gander Mtn for $14 to keep it in. Just another thing to play with, you know how it goes.

Web site is http://www.richards-guns.com/

Dick

Old 10-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldYeager View Post

Best Regards
I'm just curious but why did you go with the 2 1/2" shells over the 3"? I've got a bunch of 000 3" shells with 5 pellets. In a 410 I like the idea of 2 more balls. Can you hold an extra round with the 2 1/2"??

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #9

Hi SpittingFire .................... OldYeager here

Well I bought those at Walmart at same time as I picked up the new shotgun. I guess its all they had. I probably should have asked for 3 inch tho. I also bought a box of #4 turkey shot and they were the 3 inchers.

But you are right, I think the gun might hold an extra round with 2 1/2 inchers. We have a Gun Show coming to the area next month. I'll go and see if I can find some slugs and maybe some 3 inch 000 Buck then.

NRA Member

Old 10-24-2009, 01:09 AM   #10

This may be a little off topic, but it is about the 410 shotgun and some might find the info useful. I have a link to a good article written about using Slugs in a 410 for hunting deer. The article is pretty well written and gives pros and cons of trying to take deer with 410 slugs. I don't think I'd ever try to take deer with my gun. But the info and story is useful and outlines the limitations for the 410 slug.

Link > Whitetail Deer hunting with 410 slugs

NRA Member