Rock Island M5 review - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Rock Island M5 review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

The guy I got my gun from, got it from there. That is who is I registered the warranty through

Old 02-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Same here. In fact the registration for the warranty was quick and easy. I know I have never racked a pump action shotgun that was this smooth before. And I grew up bird hunting from sep. thru feb. every year. That doesn't include the clay shooting on the farm most of the summer.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo43 View Post
Same here. In fact the registration for the warranty was quick and easy. I know I have never racked a pump action shotgun that was this smooth before. And I grew up bird hunting from sep. thru feb. every year. That doesn't include the clay shooting on the farm most of the summer.
i think ArrizX said the same thing about the slide on his. most shotguns need to be used a while before they smooth out. that's good to hear.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #24

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My last picture is a video of the slide if you click on it to watch it. I am holding the shotgun straight up and I click the release and gravity will drop the pump. Try that on your mossberg or remington

Old 11-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
From what I read mossberg stocks fit with trimming at the point where it connects to the butt. I will pull both apart and verify and take pictures. As far as the mag tube, it is a welded end so no extention can be added and would require a whole new tube. Numrich carries them online but are totally out.
I just picked up one last night... I wanted to put a pistol grip on it and was wondering what brand works, rem mossberg win?

Old 11-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #26

Liked 204 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Glad to here. I picked up one today at a gun show for 100 bucks. Bought an ATI pistol grip for half that but not sure if im gonna use it

Old 11-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccase39
Glad to here. I picked up one today at a gun show for 100 bucks. Bought an ATI pistol grip for half that but not sure if im gonna use it
Does ati sell just pistol grips with out the finger stock?

Old 11-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmB
Does ati sell just pistol grips with out the finger stock?
Folding stock*

Old 11-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #29

Liked 204 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I have some more to add. I bought the RI with the intentions of giving it to him and getting myself a Mossburg 500. I decided to buy the Mossburg today and gave my brother the RI. After getting the Mossburg home and looking it over well I really do feel the RI was made a little heavier and seemed to have a leg up on overall quality. It is a very solid shotgun and I love the fact it came with the heat shield and love the brush on the bold carrier. Its a better looking shotgun in my opinion and when I shot it I found it very smooth and comfortable. At this point I wish I would have kept it and given the Mossburg to my brother. Lol. Anyway IMO for the price there is not a better shotgun out there at this point.

Also I was able to put a pistol grip on it. I had to do a little filing on a Mossburg adapter for the ATI to fit, but it was easy and only took about 5 minutes. I was not able to find a pistol grip made specifically for the RI but there may be one out there.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccase39
I have some more to add. I bought the RI with the intentions of giving it to him and getting myself a Mossburg 500. I decided to buy the Mossburg today and gave my brother the RI. After getting the Mossburg home and looking it over well I really do feel the RI was made a little heavier and seemed to have a leg up on overall quality. It is a very solid shotgun and I love the fact it came with the heat shield and love the brush on the bold carrier. Its a better looking shotgun in my opinion and when I shot it I found it very smooth and comfortable. At this point I wish I would have kept it and given the Mossburg to my brother. Lol. Anyway IMO for the price there is not a better shotgun out there at this point. Also I was able to put a pistol grip on it. I had to do a little filing on a Mossburg adapter for the ATI to fit, but it was easy and only took about 5 minutes. I was not able to find a pistol grip made specifically for the RI but there may be one out there.
Thanks a lot for the info