Revelation model 330b 410 Sears shotgun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Revelation model 330b 410 Sears shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 05:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Revelation model 330b 410 Sears shotgun

My brother and I inherited a couple of guns from our grandfathers. I got a hi standard sentinel 9 shot revolver and my brother got the revelation 330b 410 from Sears. The barrel does not say what choke it is. Did they come in just 1 choke or does the b mean what choke it is? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2014, 05:39 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21245 Times on 12061 Posts
Likes Given: 53001

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy View Post
My brother and I inherited a couple of guns from our grandfathers. I got a hi standard sentinel 9 shot revolver and my brother got the revelation 330b 410 from Sears. The barrel does not say what choke it is. Did they come in just 1 choke or does the b mean what choke it is? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

if it doesn't have a screw-in choke system, then the choke constriction is built into the barrel when it was made.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 02-23-2014, 05:48 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

No it does not have a screw in choke. That's why I'm trying to figure out what choke the barrel has. Normally it says what it is but this one does not. I haven't figured out how to up load pics to show what it says on the barrel.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:53 AM   #4

Quote:
No it does not have a screw in choke. That's why I'm trying to figure out what choke the barrel has. Normally it says what it is but this one does not. I haven't figured out how to up load pics to show what it says on the barrel.

yes they usually were marked on the barrel. all my shotguns that don't have screw-in chokes are marked on the barrel what the choke is.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:00 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I'll try to figure out how to load pics in the morning, but I've looked all over and can't find anything. It just tells me it has a 3" chamber. I do know it it was made by Mossberg for sears.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:05 AM   #6

Quote:
I'll try to figure out how to load pics in the morning, but I've looked all over and can't find anything. It just tells me it has a 3" chamber. I do know it it was made by Mossberg for sears.

pictures might help. hopefully someone else knows more than i do.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8696 Times on 3765 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Rudy- your .410 is a New Haven (second brand name of Mossberg) Model 183-T.

The Mossbergs had 3 different choke systems. 2 are external chokes that are changeable. The 3rd, which I think you have- is a fixed choke. No, B does not designate the choke- designates the model. Most .410s were made with a full choke. A gunsmith with a choke gauge can tell you in about 30 seconds.

To post a picture here- have pic on your computer. When you are composing a post, look above where you are typing. See the white smiley face? Look to right- see paper clip icon? Click on that, then browse, pictures, find the picture you want, click it once to highlight it, click OPEN, click UPLOAD, wait a couple of seconds, then CLOSE THIS PAGE. Now back to page you are composing, click paper clip again, you get dropdown with file name. click that, should insert the pic.

Sounds complicated, takes 10 seconds once you learn how.

Yours look like this?

mossberg-183-t.jpg

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 02-23-2014, 10:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Rudy- your .410 is a New Haven (second brand name of Mossberg) Model 183-T.

The Mossbergs had 3 different choke systems. 2 are external chokes that are changeable. The 3rd, which I think you have- is a fixed choke. No, B does not designate the choke- designates the model. Most .410s were made with a full choke. A gunsmith with a choke gauge can tell you in about 30 seconds.

To post a picture here- have pic on your computer. When you are composing a post, look above where you are typing. See the white smiley face? Look to right- see paper clip icon? Click on that, then browse, pictures, find the picture you want, click it once to highlight it, click OPEN, click UPLOAD, wait a couple of seconds, then CLOSE THIS PAGE. Now back to page you are composing, click paper clip again, you get dropdown with file name. click that, should insert the pic.

Sounds complicated, takes 10 seconds once you learn how.

Yours look like this?

Attachment 137023
C3, i have the 385T 20 ga. Mossberg and some of those came with the C-Lect choke systems. now mine is just the Full Choked barrel. can this be adapted to use the C-Lect chokes? or is the barrel different for them?

Old 02-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #9
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 560 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 2815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
C3, i have the 385T 20 ga. Mossberg and some of those came with the C-Lect choke systems. now mine is just the Full Choked barrel. can this be adapted to use the C-Lect chokes? or is the barrel different for them?
Axxe, I don't own a shotgun, but I am sure if it came with a full choke you will not be able to go to a larger choke without cutting off the barrel.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #10

Liked 710 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 227

C3 is right(of course) about a 99.8% chance your shotgun is full choke. About the only way it is not full is if the barrel was cut down or a gunsmith opened the choke up. While the first is possible the second is very unlikely.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.