Repair job gone bad! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Repair job gone bad!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 02:38 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
that right there is a good clean slate, me personally I like three tone tiger stripe camo, use to paint all my airsoft guns that way... just haven't gotten around to doing it with a real gun.

good luck man hope it comes out the way you want it to.
I had thought about using the new stuff that you can spray on the gunstock and then place it in a large pan of water and it wraps the gunstock in camo, but i wanted the natural look. I will paint the barrel with duarcoat, or i might just hotblue the thing still not sure.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #12

Default New pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex in OTZ View Post
back in late 1990's I found the local varity store had a sale going on I bought a new Chinese SKS and a H&R 12ga single shot shotgun, both were display models and had scratched stocks, I bought the shotgun for $69 and the SKS $110 scratched varnish never botherd me any, I sanded off the ugly yella varnish on the SKS and Toung Oil'd it, The H&R I touched up the scratched stock paint with a Q-tip and some aerosol Krylon paint spritzed in the cap and dabbed on the stock
I actually changed my mind when i started to finish the gun. I put a little of teh stain on a small part of the forearm and it turned out dull and really not what i wanted so i sanded it again and turned to a nice walnut colored stain. It actually came out really good. For me atleast i like the way ot came out. Then i used Birchwood casey blue and it came out really nice. looks good for a cold blue i haven't used it before so it was different and came out really nice. Maynard
003.jpg   004.jpg   005.jpg   007.jpg   006.jpg  

Old 11-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #13

Default barrel and the last pic on the one before

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmynrd731 View Post
I actually changed my mind when i started to finish the gun. I put a little of teh stain on a small part of the forearm and it turned out dull and really not what i wanted so i sanded it again and turned to a nice walnut colored stain. It actually came out really good. For me atleast i like the way ot came out. Then i used Birchwood casey blue and it came out really nice. looks good for a cold blue i haven't used it before so it was different and came out really nice. Maynard
After i finished the clean up and stain i went back with gunoil and a ooo steel wool and 0000 steel wool to remove the surface rust on the receiver.
008.jpg   009.jpg   010.jpg   011.jpg  

Old 11-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #14

Default finished shotgun pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmynrd731 View Post
Has anyone ever wanted to just smack someone in the back of the head, becuase they used superglue to reglue the blade of sight to the front of a H&R to the barrel, and why do they always spray paint the wood black???
I know that some of the H&R's came in black that were made with the blug barrels but why is it always srpay paint.
Hello everyone that has read my posting ok i am finished with the gun give me some feed back let me know what you think god or bad. It helps me to make changes to what i do THANKS. Brian
rebuild-shotgun-001.jpg   rebuild-shotgun-003.jpg   rebuild-shotgun-004.jpg  

Old 11-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

not bad! turned out nice. glad you decided on the stain rather than the black paint. looks almost factory now. you did good!

Old 11-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #16

Liked 186 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 185

it looks real nice man good work, I like the stainless with the bluing it looks cool.

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED