Remmington vs Mossberg - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Remmington vs Mossberg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 01:47 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
I only have two shotguns now.

A Remington 12ga 870 special field, and a Mossberg 930 Jm Pro 22". I've had two other 870's, an 1100 and a Mossberg 500.

Quote:
This is a Glock Vs HiPoint argument.
HP goes bang for a cheaper price but looks like ass. Direct correlation.
TOTALLY disagree- More of a Remmington BDL vs ADL IMO

Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 AM   #22

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
In 1980 or 81 I paid about $160 for my 870m with a 30 inch full choke barrel. A year or two later I bought a 26 inch improved cylinder barrel for dove & quail. Somewhere about 2002 I ordered a 26 inch vent rib Remchoke barrel from Cabelas. In April of this year I had the 30 inch barrel cut to 18.5 inches. I still do not have $600 invested in the gun.

Are you having your 870 gold plated?
You should have the serial numbers ran on your Wingmaster. It has to be stolen. Graded Wingamsters are not $160, even if you bought it new in 1980. I paid $400 for a skeet grade 70s model and everyone that has seen it says I stole it. Then I paid $200 for a barrel for it. Now my gunsmith has spotted some items that need attention. He will send an estimate when the last minute before hunting season rush is over.

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-12-2012, 05:01 AM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
You should have the serial numbers ran on your Wingmaster. It has to be stolen. Graded Wingamsters are not $160, even if you bought it new in 1980. I paid $400 for a skeet grade 70s model and everyone that has seen it says I stole it. Then I paid $200 for a barrel for it. Now my gunsmith has spotted some items that need attention. He will send an estimate when the last minute before hunting season rush is over.
Not necessarily true Old Crow. I got my Wingmaster in 2001 for $250. While I may have "stolen" it from the guy that was all he was asking for it. I got a case of shells with it too. Mine had only been fired a handful of times when I got it (I have corrected that problem), the guy I bought it from bad purchased it from a widow whose husband bought it for home defense many years earlier and never fired it. Once he bought it he decided to go duck hunting, and as many ignorant people will tend to do, he went out out of season without a license, had no a magazine plug in place and had a case of lead shot shells (steel shot is required statewide), he went to some public land and was going over a fence into a preserve when the game warden pulled up and gave him the luckiest break of his life. The Warden rattled off the list of violations and told him that he could be taking him off to jail and fined him a huge amount, but instead advised him to either take the hunter safety course and learn everything he should have known, or sell the gun and don't go hunting again. He chose the latter of the two choices and sold the gun to me.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #24

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Here is a guide to collecting Wingmasters. Very interesting stuff! It's hard to identify an older Wingmaster because the serial numbers are not available to the public. Remington archives will identify your gun if you send a hard copy letter to Remington. You can expect to wait several weeks for a reply. The 870 I recently purchased is an 870 SA. http://www.remingtonsociety.com/rsa/journals/870

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #25

Liked 2057 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Just bought a Wingmaster (used, 90% condition) for $250. Beautiful gun, appreciate the other guy breaking it in for me