Remington wingmaster receiver wear? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Remington wingmaster receiver wear?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Thank you for the input every one, Yes I did block out the serial numbers. If I do buy this Wingmaster I most likely will not fix the receiver up to much, I just wanted to know how much it was worth over all with the damage to the receiver. They are asking $250 but I am thing $180-$200 and I wanted to make sure that I was in the right ball park before I insult someone.
I am looking for more or less a home defense shotgun but I am not in to the black plastic looking shotguns and I want to buy this one for a good price and buy a shot barrel or cut the one on it down to 20 or 24" and maybe shorten the stock. I love Remington and grew up next to the Ilion NY factory and I know the older ones from my experience are made well. Thanks again for all the input.

Rain, snow or sleet.... Mud, sand and dirt.... My GLOCK will work ;)

Old 10-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #12

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

i would ONLY tout the "messed up finish" on the receiver as i was buyin it...............other than that, the marks on the side with the serial number will come off with some a cotton rag, some elbow grease, and WD-40.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 10-18-2012, 03:04 AM   #13

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 74

it looks to me to be a well used wingmaster not an express 250 is fair if you want to chop this gun up dont! go find an express or mb 500. this one looks as if it had a story to tell

Old 10-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydewar
it looks to me to be a well used wingmaster not an express 250 is fair if you want to chop this gun up dont! go find an express or mb 500. this one looks as if it had a story to tell
I just want to add a chapter to the story.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I went ahead and bought the old girl... I am pretty happy with my purchase.

forumrunner_20121021_162336.jpg

forumrunner_20121021_162354.jpg

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 10-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2033 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Where I live (minnesota) that gun would fetch $250. As long as the rails and action work well, which they probably would being a Wingmaster.

Bought a similar aged one in magnum (3"). It too had a fixed choke (full), but I was able to get a good condition used modified choke barrel for $80. I didn't want to bore- out the original barrel - just me. Plus you don't want to fire steel shot through a full choke

I use this as my upland carry gun. I expect a scratch here and there. It gets rained on, laid in the brush from time to time. I wipe it down when I get home, clean after every 25 rounds or so. Use Johnson's furniture wax on the wood, rem oil on the metal

Old 10-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I traded some ammo + cash for it, I really like it. It has a improved cylinder choke witch is ok for me, I will most likely buy a barrel also. I broke the gun down completely and cleaned it out, did not look like it was ever done lol. The only thing that I noticed when I cleaned her out was the magazine spring is missing..... Oh well a $5 part and the spring retainer another $5.

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This