Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Remington wingmaster receiver wear?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Remington wingmaster receiver wear?

I am looking in to buying a 1979 Remington Wingmaster 2 3/4" smooth bore with a fixed choke. Over all the shotgun look good, The stock is still in great shape but the receiver has seen better days. I have provided a photo of the receiver, About how much would you guys pay for this shot gun?

picsart_1350421579193.jpg   img_2818.jpg   img_2816.jpg  

Rain, snow or sleet.... Mud, sand and dirt.... My GLOCK will work ;)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #2

Liked 698 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 226

What would I give, maybe $100 but I'm not looking for one. Its worth $200 to $250.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2603 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 202

I do not see that much wear. It has been used, but not to excess. Non-vent rib, short chamber. Maybe $250 but some knucklehead will give $350. Not worth that.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 10-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #4

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

without the vent-rib, a full-choke barrel, 2 3/4-inch capabilities, and no etching on the receiver.........no more than $300. $225 would be the highest high that i would go tho.

if it had the extra barrel, i might would go $260.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 10-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2230 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 1144

GUNNER!

RUN LIKE A DEER FROM THAT DEAL! THE GUN IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW!

That damage to the side of the Receiver is because someone has filled or ground the Serial Numbers off the gun. It either has been stolen or used in a crime is my guess!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #6

lol, i think that he "airbrushed" the serial number out. lol

the slight bluing wear, and very small rust/pock marks is what i think he was talkin bout.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc

Old 10-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Bothhands,

That would make sense but just wanted to tell him incase they had been removed. That is all one of our members needs!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #8

sniper

what IS the red and blue item near the buck's horn base?

is that a craftsman flathead screwdriver? and if so, HUH? lol

Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Gunner,

If you did airbrush it as my friend Bothhands advised the laugh is truly on me! But wouldn't wish any trouble on you if it was not airbrushed.

On the other hand there is an inexpensive option to a finish if you do not want to go to the expense of sending it our for a reblue job.

Depending on what type finish you want you can actually Parkerize it yourself. There is a parkerizing solution you can buy. And all you need is a metal container large enough to hold the parts and the Barrel off of the Receiver. As I recall since I use to do several including some for the PD. You just heat the water and chemical solution up to 165 degrees. After using light emery cloth or mild abrasive to remove most of the rust. Just plug the barrel if you are concerned about the bore and let it set in the solution for a short period of time and you end up with a great Parkerized finish. Just one option.
Also there are some of the painted coating finishes available today. Some of the guys here can help you with that application. They have them in all selections from Camo to Tiger Stripe or what ever. Another option!

Like I said the "Jokes" on the Old Man! Don't scare me like that the Old Ticker is not getting any younger! LOL! Take care and good luck with your project if you buy it. $150 would be a good buy!

*Patrick Henry

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 10-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

What wear and tear. All kidding aside this looks nearly new. Hunting out west and up north leave our guns with little finish at all after a few decades. I have so many guns with so little bluing left that many assume they are stainless. Our guns are carried way more than they are ever shot.