Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Shotgun Discussion (
-   -   Remington wingmaster receiver wear? (

PlasticGunner 10-16-2012 09:26 PM

Remington wingmaster receiver wear?
3 Attachment(s)
I am looking in to buying a 1979 Remington Wingmaster 2 3/4" smooth bore with a fixed choke. Over all the shotgun look good, The stock is still in great shape but the receiver has seen better days. I have provided a photo of the receiver, About how much would you guys pay for this shot gun?:confused:

hiwall 10-16-2012 10:47 PM

What would I give, maybe $100 but I'm not looking for one. Its worth $200 to $250.

robocop10mm 10-16-2012 11:13 PM

I do not see that much wear. It has been used, but not to excess. Non-vent rib, short chamber. Maybe $250 but some knucklehead will give $350. Not worth that.

USEBOTHHANDS 10-16-2012 11:25 PM

without the vent-rib, a full-choke barrel, 2 3/4-inch capabilities, and no etching on the more than $300. $225 would be the highest high that i would go tho.

if it had the extra barrel, i might would go $260.

Sniper03 10-16-2012 11:53 PM

That damage to the side of the Receiver is because someone has filled or ground the Serial Numbers off the gun. It either has been stolen or used in a crime is my guess!

USEBOTHHANDS 10-16-2012 11:58 PM

lol, i think that he "airbrushed" the serial number out. lol

the slight bluing wear, and very small rust/pock marks is what i think he was talkin bout. ;)

Sniper03 10-17-2012 12:21 AM

That would make sense but just wanted to tell him incase they had been removed. That is all one of our members needs!:)

USEBOTHHANDS 10-17-2012 12:30 AM

what IS the red and blue item near the buck's horn base?

is that a craftsman flathead screwdriver? and if so, HUH? lol

Sniper03 10-17-2012 12:31 AM

If you did airbrush it as my friend Bothhands advised the laugh is truly on me!:D But wouldn't wish any trouble on you if it was not airbrushed.

On the other hand there is an inexpensive option to a finish if you do not want to go to the expense of sending it our for a reblue job.

Depending on what type finish you want you can actually Parkerize it yourself. There is a parkerizing solution you can buy. And all you need is a metal container large enough to hold the parts and the Barrel off of the Receiver. As I recall since I use to do several including some for the PD. You just heat the water and chemical solution up to 165 degrees. After using light emery cloth or mild abrasive to remove most of the rust. Just plug the barrel if you are concerned about the bore and let it set in the solution for a short period of time and you end up with a great Parkerized finish. Just one option.
Also there are some of the painted coating finishes available today. Some of the guys here can help you with that application. They have them in all selections from Camo to Tiger Stripe or what ever. Another option!

Like I said the "Jokes" on the Old Man! Don't scare me like that the Old Ticker is not getting any younger! LOL! Take care and good luck with your project if you buy it. $150 would be a good buy!

30-30remchester 10-17-2012 01:32 AM

What wear and tear. All kidding aside this looks nearly new. Hunting out west and up north leave our guns with little finish at all after a few decades. I have so many guns with so little bluing left that many assume they are stainless. Our guns are carried way more than they are ever shot.