Remington Mohawk 48 Photos - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Remington Mohawk 48 Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 09:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It's a looker. Let me know how she shoots!

Old 12-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #12

CA357,

Excellent Remmy Shotgun, I'm turning green!!
For info, have you gone here?: Remington Society of America -

Great place with lots of knowledge about vintage Remingtons.
I'm a member there and got a lot of help on my Civil War era Remingtons.
You don't have to be a member to float through their forum. There's been topics before on Mohawks.

Good Luck!!
I want to hear about you dustin' some clays soon.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Thanks UF. I went to the Remington Society, but it looks like there's a fee to join and money's a bit tight right now.

I emailed Remington customer service on Friday and am waiting for a reply.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #14

Please excuse my noobness, but you guys seem to really be drooling over this thing, whats so wicked about the mohawk? (first time Ive heard of this model)

Old 12-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It's just an old recoil operated shotgun and not the best shotgun they ever produced. However, it's a looker and I'm trying to find out it it's actually chrome or not. It was produced around the time of the early Nylon 66 .22 rifles and they made a 66 in chrome. So, it's a quest to figure it out.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-08-2009, 12:36 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotzORemmies View Post
Please excuse my noobness, but you guys seem to really be drooling over this thing, whats so wicked about the mohawk? (first time Ive heard of this model)
Noobnes forgiven. Finding older guns still in nice condition excites some of us. Finding unusual variants excites some of us. Sharing in a fellow member's new purchase is what the brotherhod is all about.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
It's just an old recoil operated shotgun and not the best shotgun they ever produced. However, it's a looker and I'm trying to find out it it's actually chrome or not. It was produced around the time of the early Nylon 66 .22 rifles and they made a 66 in chrome. So, it's a quest to figure it out.
The Mohawk was a less expensive variant of the 11-48. They were mostly sold thru chain stores like Wards, Sears, etc. Good guns, based on the original John Browning design. I have never heard of one offered in Nickel, but I may be wrong. It is a good looking gun none the less.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:13 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yup, it's mystery. It's been suggested that it has had the blueing removed and then been polished, but who knows? I have an inquiry including photos into Remington, hopefully they can come up with something on it.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:32 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Yup, it's mystery. It's been suggested that it has had the blueing removed and then been polished, but who knows? I have an inquiry including photos into Remington, hopefully they can come up with something on it.
Semi-auto?? How much did you snag it for if you don't mind me asking?

Old 12-08-2009, 04:48 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotzORemmies View Post
Most of us gun guys who have have modest collections like finding off-brand type guns or guns of a less expensive nature that are still high quality. I have a couple of expensive (to me) guns but some of my favorites are my Westernfield 550 20 ga, my Rossi 68 .38 sp 3", and my Sears Ted Williams 94 30-30. These three cost a total of $430. All were great deals as they are all almost like new. That makes for a pretty good brace of weapons and they all function well and look nice though plain compared to say a Rem 870, a S&W .38 and a Winchester 94.