Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Remington Model 10A 12 Gauge ?Question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default Remington Model 10A 12 Gauge ?Question?

Hello Gentleman,

I have the opportunity to purchase a Remington Model 10A 12 Gauge for $150 out the door price. The condition is not so hot (see pics, I didn't take 'em so that's all I got) but it functions.

So. . . 1. Is this gun worth the price for its condition? The blue book list 200 for "fair", but I know that doesn't always reflect real world trading/barter value, one way or the other. 2. Is this gun sought after by collectors, or will ever it be? I'm still learning as to what shot gun collectors look for.

Anyways, if I do purchase it'll be to enjoy for myself for a while and eventually barter with if it's worth anything.

Thanks!

remmod10.1.jpg   remmod10.2.jpg   remmod10.3.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2010, 12:46 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I am no shotgun expert by any means. I don't even having "passing" credentials to make any comments.

I don't honestly know of a market for this model. But for the price, it would make a hell of a project or "back of the safe" gun that no one knows about.

JD

Old 10-26-2010, 04:57 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Based on the SN, the gun was made between 1908 and 1910. That's pretty cool in my book!

Quote:
I don't honestly know of a market for this model. But for the price, it would make a hell of a project or "back of the safe" gun that no one knows about.
That's kinda what I was thinking, but I got a couple Spike's lowers and a parts kit. Every time I find one of these "hard to pass ups" deals, it sets me back a little.

I do need practice on my restoration as far as metal work.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default /

I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to pick up that gun at that price. From the pictures it doesn’t look like it would be that hard of a restoration project; I have restored far worse. I love working on older guns and every one I have done someone just can’t live without. Before I would fire a gun of that age I would have a competent gunsmith check it out. Most of those old girls are made better than what is on the market today. I don’t know if that gun is a collector’s item but I sure would like to have it. Buy it and enjoy it.

A gun is like a wife. If you can't love the one you have get a divorce from it and go find one you can lovel