Remington Buckshot vs. Winchester Buckshot - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Remington Buckshot vs. Winchester Buckshot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've been using Federal reduced recoil in my HD shotgun with good results out of an 18.5" barrell.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1206 Times on 823 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstarlin23 View Post
What if i cant find any federal rounds local, whats my next option?

Personal Defense Ammo 12 Ga 2-3/4 Reduced Recoil 00 Buckshot 9 Pellets Box of 5

It`s on the shelf, just give em a call.

When all else fails.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:43 AM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

try out several different brands and types to see what works best in your gun for you. a lot of difference is in the barrel length and type of choke your shotgun has. my barrel length and choke, and everyone elses may be different than yours. just go out do some shooting and try some different ammo out and have a good time. i always have a good time trying out different ammo, because even a bad day of shooting still beats a good day at work!

Old 10-24-2011, 03:04 AM   #14
RMc

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Well...

...at ranges under 50 ft. that is home defense - any buckshot load that functions reliably in your shotgun will do the job.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #15

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

I use standard shot for HD. My rational is this... If I shoot someone in the confines of my home it should be justified regardless the type of ammo I use, but if I shoot him with buckshot it is obvious I was keeping my weapon loaded with a specific kind of ammo designed with a specific kind of intent. If my actions ever fell under legal scrutiny I want the ability to say I used a game load because it was the ammo I had in the house as the result of a hobby and not the buckshot load because I thought I could have to shoot someone... I realize this is a weak justification but at the inside a house range I think birdshot from my 12ga. will do the job just as well as any other and not necessarily demonstrate an intent for human harm... I am fortunate however to live in Missouri which is a good state for firearms owners... We have some pretty lenient gun laws and I feel as though my choice of ammo would not in itself be a reason to put my actions on trial...

Old 10-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werminator View Post
I use standard shot for HD. My rational is this... If I shoot someone in the confines of my home it should be justified regardless the type of ammo I use, but if I shoot him with buckshot it is obvious I was keeping my weapon loaded with a specific kind of ammo designed with a specific kind of intent. If my actions ever fell under legal scrutiny I want the ability to say I used a game load because it was the ammo I had in the house as the result of a hobby and not the buckshot load because I thought I could have to shoot someone... I realize this is a weak justification but at the inside a house range I think birdshot from my 12ga. will do the job just as well as any other and not necessarily demonstrate an intent for human harm... I am fortunate however to live in Missouri which is a good state for firearms owners... We have some pretty lenient gun laws and I feel as though my choice of ammo would not in itself be a reason to put my actions on trial...
I'm going to disagree here. While a face full of bird shot would definately darken his day, it may not kill him and then you have that possible legal battle to deal with. If you like in an area where you can keep a shotgun justifiably loaded for reasons other then HD, then you can justify keeping it loaded with buckshot. Got coyote?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Self defense and home defense with a firearm is still legal (in most areas) in the US of A. To shoot someone in defense of yourself and your family is a horrible thing. If that person is still alive to sue you, you will regret using birdshot. That is a BIG "IF". Youl do not shoot to kill. You do not shoot to "stop". You shoot to live. Failing to disable the intruder does little to keep you alive. You run significant risk of just pissing him off.

USE BUCKSHOT. EVEN #4 buck is better than birdshot.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 10-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #18
RMc

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Even in...

...California buckshot is legal for deer hunting.