remington 887 nitro magnum tactical
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > remington 887 nitro magnum tactical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 04:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default remington 887 nitro magnum tactical

Thinking about buying this shotgun as my home defense/zombie slayer/sh!t hit the fan shotgun. Just curious if anyone owns one and could tell if they like it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #2

I just bought one today at local gun show. Have not been out to put rounds down range yet, I was kind of hoping to hear if anyone on here had an opinion about it also.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

What did you give for it at the gun show if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking at 440 on gunbroker.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #4

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastguardgunnersmate
What did you give for it at the gun show if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking at 440 on gunbroker.
You can get them for 390 at Walmart but I've shot em and I hate em the are the hardest kicking pump gun I have ever shot the action is real rough and I've read on the internet that under the coating water gets trapped and will rust the barrel and reciever

Old 03-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #5

At the show I paid 450 then while walking around I found another dealer at 360 the guns had different variations like it had a different choke which looked like a Glock suppressor instead of the door breech one I got on mine. The action is tight to say the least. I talked to a couple of tac guys about the rusting problem they said the first years it was really bad the newer produced ones were better but just keep it oiled up and should not be an issue. they did however recommend that it be stripped and cleaned real good before I even thought about the first shot to ensure the issues about misfeed and failure to eject. Finally the guns at places like walmart I was told they mass produce specific firearms for those companies and the quality from any manufacturer tends to be sub par and have a lot more issues then an independent dealer. I'm really happy with the look and feel I just hope it lives up to the Remington tradition because nothing is sweeter than shooting a good quality shotgun like the 870 or 11-87.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

You got a range day planned anytime soon? If so let me know how it shoots, I'm on the fence right now.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

the thing about the 887, is what you see is what you get. remington makes different barrels and you can get the remington chokes. but in terms of modifying them, there is nothing for them. Their were rumors that the 887 and 870 were the same, but the receivers are completely different.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Old 03-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #8

I don't have the tac version but I do have the waterfowl. As far as rust I have not had one problem but one time and that's because I dropped the gun in three feet of water on a mid day hunt on Sunday, went out with the boys after and left it at home for the week because I travel for work. Cleaned it twice works great. I've had it for two years. I also have a mossberg 935 and this year while goose hunting jumped up to shoot and it was froze solid. It did nothing. I mean nothing. Safety nothing!!!!!!!!! Anyways put it on the heater and pulled out the ole 887 crawled down some ditches shot some birds no problems. The only problem I did have was the first year I had it when pumping out the first round the bullets in the mag came out and Jamed up the catch didn't catch

Old 09-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #9

I have an m887 tactical. I love it. I initially had some issues with double feeds. Seemed to me that the spring was too tight. I left it fully loaded for about two weeks cycling the shells every other day. Haven't had a double feed since. Even took it skeet shooting. Everyone was impressed, as well was I, with how good it performed with the door breech choke. Will make a perfect home defense weapon.

imag0440.jpg

Old 07-18-2014, 12:26 AM   #10

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just got a 877 tactical as well, haven't had a range trip yet but I feel it's gonna be a good gun. I found a site that has adapters w or without a stock and a pistol grip as well http://www.rocksolidshotgun.com/